Ok. I need help, I am looking for a new practice amp, the amp i have is ****ty. So I am looking to get a Line 6 spider III Or IV. Could you guys tell me what effects each amp has, and the pros and cons of each amp?

Edit: Im Talking About The 15 Watt Amps
Last edited by Stevenlazer1 at Sep 6, 2009,
Line 6 Spiders are overpriced. Look into the Cube or Valvetronix series if you want effects and good tone.
I doubt it's a big step up from your ****ty amp. Save up for a Valvetronix or Vibrochamp.
Quote by thrasher.
I doubt it's a big step up from your ****ty amp. Save up for a Valvetronix or Vibrochamp.

that. of the spiders you mentioned im not sure exactly which is worse?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Stevenlazer1
No, They Are Pretty Cheap, I Just Need Help Shoosing Between Spider III And IV

Unless you know a guy that can sell you one that "fell out of the back of a truck" it's a rip-off. The tone's terrible, the effects aren't very user-friendly. For the same price you can get a Vox or Roland that sounds much better.
I fail to see how it is overpriced. But whatever. I would say you are better off getting a Peavey Vypyr. The 15w Spider IV is the same price as the Vypyr, but the Vypyr is a better quality amp.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
vibro champ haz teh tonez.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Get a Peavey Vypyr, its easily the best SS Modeling amp in its price range (well up to $300)
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by Pennderinn
Get a Peavey Vypyr, its easily the best SS Modeling amp in its price range (well up to $300)

+1 get a vypyr 15 ts.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ