I haven't really heard much about Randall amplifiers, and in the final days of my summer vacation, I decided to go on their website and check them out. Can anyone tell me if these are good amps, and if they are good for Hard Rock? I know Dan Donegan and Kirk hammett use Randalls, but I have never played one, or really heard to much about them. So if anyone has used one, their input would be appreciated.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
Yeah, they're really good. Especially the MTS series with the various modules.
How about their G3 series? They are a bit more affordable, so they caught my eye first.
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
The G3's are awesome. When you partner them with active pickups you get a really punchy distortion.

The RX's aren't bad for solid state combos, either.
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

Ok. Well Once I get an amp, I am planning on getting a PRS SE Custom 24 and putting Dimarzios in it. Would that sound well with a g3 head too? And the G3 series are tubes right?
Quote by Aurex

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
no the g3 series aren't tube. they have a hybrid poweramp. its a preamp tube they throw in to the SS poweramp section. preamp is totally SS and the poweramp is essentially SS but supposedly the preamp tube makes the SS poweramp have more of a tube 'feel'.

-MTS/RM line is full tube
-V2's and T2's have tube preamps (that are used when modern distortion is on only i believe-- clean and classic distortion uses SS technology i think) and have the hybrid poweramp that i mentioned earlier with the g3 series.
-RX is completely SS
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Sep 6, 2009,
For $100 more, you could pick up a Randall RM50 head with 3 modules right now on Harmony-Central.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Is the RG50TC any good? sorry to hijack thread but i guess any answers would help you out as well