So ive been playing a lot of drop B tuning songs and i noticed when i plugged into the amp, there was a big difference between drop B and standard E tuning. Is there something i can do with the amp to make the guitar sound better, or do i need stronger pickups like EMGs. Im playing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with a Seymour Duncan SH-4 passive pickup in the bridge through a Marshall MG 30 watt combo amp.
One very important thing you can do with your amp.......................SELL YOUR MARSHALL MG!!!!!!!!!!!
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
One very important thing you can do with your amp.......................SELL YOUR MARSHALL MG!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, he's got it wrong. That's only the first step. You have to buy a new amp, too.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Lol figured there'd be MG bashing. God help him if he had a Spider as well...
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
im not selling it, im just wondering if i should get something different like a guitar with EMGs or a tube amp

or if i dont have to buy anything at all that would be great
Quote by tigerking615
No, no, he's got it wrong. That's only the first step. You have to buy a new amp, too.

He asked what he can do with his current amp. Selling it is the only thing he can do with that one.........wait a tic........he can blow it up
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by lilhendrix1106
im not selling it, im just wondering if i should get something different like a guitar with EMGs or a tube amp

or if i dont have to buy anything at all that would be great

getting a guitar with different pickups will make virtually no differense. Like you always hear, even the best guitar will sound like **** through a **** amp. So sell your amp, but something good. Give a budget, where you live, willingness to go use, what kind of music you play, and UG memebers can help you pick a good amp for your needs/wants
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Well, you can buy the most expensive guitar and it will still suck with an MG.

New pickups would be a waste of money. Sell your MG if you want, or not - it's your choice - but either way, you can't have decent sound unless you get a decent amp. You can get a decent one for as little as $125 new.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
when you're in E you've probably noticed that the strings feel a lot more tight, and when you're in drop B they feel like crap and sounds like a fart coming out of your amp. the best solution (besides a new amp, because really; that won't help slinky strings) is to get a new guitar. a baritone (if you're tuning that low). it's got a longer neck, so when you tune your strings down it won't sound god awful.

a lot of baritones have EMGs too, they help tighten up such a low sound, but they aren't required. you can go pretty well with passives in a baritone. check them out.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Get a pack of seven-string strings, and use the top three and the bottom three, and throw the middle string away. But seriously man, get a better amp.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
are you using heavy gauge strings, for drop b i use a baritone myself before that i used .11-.52 gauge strings to get that low. id try that first, definetly look into something of a tube amp as well, ive played a few bugeras and the tone was actually very nice, im not sure of the dependibility though. otherwise try to find an old used marshall tube head, a peavy 5150 if your not a clean tone user. strings will make a big difference though
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210