I recently bought some bose around ear headphones for recording. And looking at some reviews it seems many people say they boost low frequencies too much. Are they really that bad and is it worth returning them cause they sound fine to me.( to people who have experiance with these headphones.)
well if they sound fine and you already bought them theresa no point in returning them
thing is will they affect my recordings by sounding off when through different equipment
Quote by SFMMcoasters
If you like the sound thats all that matters

exactly, its how u feel about, music is an art, just cuz someone told u van gogh's paintings look good, doesn't mean u think they are (i do haha) and music is the same way
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by ESP Axes Man
thing is will they affect my recordings by sounding off when through different equipment

Yes, yes they will. Because they boost the bass your recordings will likely be thin compared to something where you used more tonally flat monitors.

Everyone else who has replied is demonstrating their lack of knowledge on the topic, ask in Riffs and Recordings and see the sorts of responses you get.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Pennderinn
exactly, its how u feel about, music is an art, just cuz someone told u van gogh's paintings look good, doesn't mean u think they are (i do haha) and music is the same way

Actually, no. If you want to do some proper recording you'll need studio speakers. When I started out I really thought expensive half open headphones would do. Well they don't.
If you're going to do some bedroom recording, sure, a nice pair of cans will do. But headphones will never do for good recordings. Headphones are directly connected to your head and the sound vibrations will be limited and confined.

If your sound device colours the frequencies you won't get an objective idea of your recording. Ideally the sound you hear is exactly flat. Once it sounds good on your studio monitors, you take your recording over to several different audio systems to ensure it sounds good on all of them.

If your cans colour the lower frequencies you will adjust your recordings, since you want it to sound good. Then you take it over to your car audio and tada, the bass is lacking. So what I can suggest as a temporary solution is testing your recording on several systems, just to make sure.

As for Van Gogh, sure, everyones taste differs. But a recording that isn't balanced will sound crap by anyone's taste.