Hi all,

So lately I've looking at both the Epiphone Goth Explorer and the Kramer Striker Custom (w/o FR, cause I'm not ready for one even though I've been playing for almost 3 years, but its weird to have an 80's shred guitar w/o an FR)

I dont really see many people on UG with Kramers, what's up with that?
For anybody who's had experiences with Kramers, is it a better buy than an explorer (The Epi is 9 bucks less, lol) and that the Kramer needs a good setup or else it plays like crap (From what I've heard not on UG) but that goes for at least 99% of guitars
I also shouldn't be buying guitars online because I dont know what they feel like, because I actually tried the Epi at my local GC and I liked it
And I dont know any dealers in New York (Preferably Yonkers/Bronx/Queens area, cause Manhattan parking is a bitch)

Help?
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
IMO, the kramers necks are extremely comfortable to play on. and if you upgrade the pickups, it sounds pretty damn good. I love explorers, but the Epi goth series always feels cheap and poorly put together to me..
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Well I can tell your already ahead of the game bro...you want to feel them first...that's 99 percent of the equation...I just sold a 4000 dollar les paul cause I hated the way it felt...I've had 129 dollar squiers that felt better...you can mod a guitar to make it sound great but you can't mod feel...well unless you change the neck or body..and then its pretty much a whole new guitar

So go do that man go play a bunch of guitars and find out what feels good...the 2 guitars you listed man not really be what you want after all,who knows...

As for kramer....I'm trying to stop myself from finding a kramer pacer and throwing a duncan 78 in it...its so temping but I don't know where to find one at really that I could try out lol....there's a few used stores here that get weird **** in sometimes so if the opportunity arrives I'll see what's up lol...and I read you mention guitar setups...just be sure you explain to them how you want it setup.I had some extra cash and wanted to get my number 1 guitar professional setup cause after 15 years of playing I've never had a setup done before and wanted to see what the big deal was about...needless to say that guitar is now my number 2 guitar...I like my action super duper high and I didn't tell them so now I got this badass sounding guitar I can't even play
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
Well I can tell your already ahead of the game bro...you want to feel them first...that's 99 percent of the equation...I just sold a 4000 dollar les paul cause I hated the way it felt...I've had 129 dollar squiers that felt better...you can mod a guitar to make it sound great but you can't mod feel...well unless you change the neck or body..and then its pretty much a whole new guitar

So go do that man go play a bunch of guitars and find out what feels good...the 2 guitars you listed man not really be what you want after all,who knows...

As for kramer....I'm trying to stop myself from finding a kramer pacer and throwing a duncan 78 in it...its so temping but I don't know where to find one at really that I could try out lol....there's a few used stores here that get weird **** in sometimes so if the opportunity arrives I'll see what's up lol...and I read you mention guitar setups...just be sure you explain to them how you want it setup.I had some extra cash and wanted to get my number 1 guitar professional setup cause after 15 years of playing I've never had a setup done before and wanted to see what the big deal was about...needless to say that guitar is now my number 2 guitar...I like my action super duper high and I didn't tell them so now I got this badass sounding guitar I can't even play

This may sound weird but I like my guitars Fender factory set up-cause its low to my liking, which is sorta high compared to at least 80% of UG
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Lol...my guitars just seem to have really high action kinda without me even trying and I just got used to it lol....
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
If you decide on the Kramer then wait till at least the end of the month. September is when they will release new models for 2010. Here are the two new Striker models coming out....

http://www.kramerguitars.com/press/P_Striker211-TP.jpg
and
http://www.kramerguitars.com/press/P_Striker.jpg

There will be different color options from what I've heard for both the trem and hardtail versions. There's also an overseas model Pacer Classic made in Korea that they will release (not to be confused with the recent USA made Pacers)
http://www.kramerguitars.com/press/P_PacerClassic-PW.jpg

The pictures are too big to be posted here so I just posted the links. The site is http://www.kramerguitars.com/press if you wanna see them all. Keep in mind that only the 2010 models and USA Pacers will be available as far as I know but they may release the Jersey Star again, thats my hunch cause it was so popular.
As for how the guitar plays, I have a Striker 424 Custom that I bought back in 2007. They are fun guitars, trem stays in tune pretty well but I wasn't fond of the original pickups in it. The necks on them are fairly thin and flat and feel really good which is one of the highlights of the guitar. The finish on it looks great especially for the price. Its not a $1000 guitar so don't expect it to be but regardless of that they are great guitars for the price.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I have a Striker 424 and it's a great guitar for the money.The fit and finish is great much better than your average 300 dollar guitar,I personally believe it was a steal at the price there selling for.I also like the quad and dual rail pups myself but everyone has there preferences.The new 10 models have different pups and different head stock but is the same guitar otherwise.I don't know about explorers but the Striker is a Winner for sure Should be out by the end of the month
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
Get the explorer. The body makes my nipples hard...
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
My Explorer (Gothic) has a floyd and it's lush.
But Kramers are hot dude..
Leukemia Skywalker