Looking at getting a BMW E30 for my first car sometime soon.
looking at spending $5000-8000 AUD on it.
probably getting a 4 cylinder version although a 6 wouldn't be out of the equation.
anyone had experience with these cars?
I love white guitars!
Nope. But looking at pretty much the same car. Let us now how it goes.

Sorry. I'm no help at all.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Rich guy. If I were in your position I would be looking for a cheapie. But because you aren't, I know a few people who own BMWs and none of them have had complaints about them.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Jesus christ, must be nice.

I'm trying to work as many shifts as I can so I can save up enough for a $2500 CDN Pontiac Sunfire with 180,000km on it.

Christ.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
It's in Australian dollars btw guys.
And i'll most likely be taking out a personal loan.
Plus the parents are paying for half of it, as an 18th birthday gift
I love white guitars!
oh well in THAT case....
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
Quote by Jimmer1720
oh well in THAT case....

GO JAYS!
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
It's in Australian dollars btw guys.
And i'll most likely be taking out a personal loan.
Plus the parents are paying for half of it, as an 18th birthday gift

Good luck man, no experience with BMW.. Got my car free since no one in the family wanted it.. 165000kms n still a good car..
Im getting a Nissan Z for my first. I went to meet a guy today and he sold the car right before I got there. I was disappoint.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by BlackIce87
Im getting a Nissan Z for my first. I went to meet a guy today and he sold the car right before I got there. I was disappoint.

Z's are great cars, i'd love one.
but the insurance for an 18yr old on a 2dr sports coupe is just too much for me.
I love white guitars!
I was looking at Bmw's also, I like the styling. Personally dude I'd get one they're reliable sedans that still have a nice amount of power.

Dude we drove 5 hours today to get the cash because the banks were all closed. We get the money and calls us up that he sold it...
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Sep 6, 2009,
i have a black 2004 honda civic. it was a graduation present.

i got hot pink neons for it and a new radio put in lol
Ugly car(My opinion)

Maintaining the car is gonna cost more than the car itself because of how old it is..

Better off getting a newer cheapo.

would save you a bunch of money and you wouldn't look like a douche. But of course it's all my opinion.. except for the maintenance... That's a fact.

But I get you wanna look cool driving a Beemer, a cheap one at that, so more power to you my friend
Everyone's first car should be one of these:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^ I would rather shoot myself than drive one of those lol
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem

Dude this was my first car only a maroon color. I had a bad ass tape deck in it too! I remember getting "....And Justice For All" blasting it all the way home with 2% brakes in the thing!

Yeah that was 1988. I'm still alive... Jury is still out on if that is a good thing or not!
Quote by SeEsAw12
Ugly car(My opinion)

Maintaining the car is gonna cost more than the car itself because of how old it is..

Better off getting a newer cheapo.

would save you a bunch of money and you wouldn't look like a douche. But of course it's all my opinion.. except for the maintenance... That's a fact.

But I get you wanna look cool driving a Beemer, a cheap one at that, so more power to you my friend

See i love the styling though,
the boxy shape is just so classic.

Plus if i get regular services i can keep maintenance costs down,
if anything major goes wrong i can just claim insurance.
I love white guitars!
Quote by John1138

Dude this was my first car only a maroon color. I had a bad ass tape deck in it too! I remember getting "....And Justice For All" blasting it all the way home with 2% brakes in the thing!

Yeah that was 1988. I'm still alive... Jury is still out on if that is a good thing or not!

Just out of interest, what is that?
I love white guitars!
It's a Chevette lol.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
i want a mazda rx8
such a good lookin car
n goes well too
Quote by Dirge Humani
Respect? Women?

You Just Need that little bit of Zazz

Quote by transplants182
I got expelled from preschool for shrooms
Rotary's suck to keep maintained and are generally unreliable although Mazda dumped millions of dollars into developing the Renesis.I would rather have a 93- Rx-7 with an Ls1.
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
Quote by BlackIce87
It's a Chevette lol.

ah okay, living in Australia i don't know much about American cars.

Seeing as this thread has gone off topic a bit, i think i should make a new car thread.
I love white guitars!
Get something like a Toyota just because they're reliable. For a first car, you want something reliable. I'm looking a buying a Hilux for work (need a ute) and they go for between $5000 and $8000 for a decent one. If you look at something like a Corolla or a Camry, it'd be alot more sensible to buy.
JDM FTW! Most Jap cars are pretty reliable. Make sure you get a car with a decent bit of power though, my car's a 1.3L carby and it's ridiculously slow. I get grannies in Hyundai Excels overtaking me.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by fretsonfire74
Get something like a Toyota just because they're reliable. For a first car, you want something reliable. I'm looking a buying a Hilux for work (need a ute) and they go for between $5000 and $8000 for a decent one. If you look at something like a Corolla or a Camry, it'd be alot more sensible to buy.

But i'm not a machine,
i have emotions and can't control which car i like.
sure the Toyota is more economical, but really who wants to play a Squier when you can play an American Fender?
It's the same channel of thinking.
Plus if i needed a ute for work i'd get a hilux as well, i love them but don't need a car that big.

The BMW will hold it's value better than a Toyota as well
I love white guitars!
Last edited by Eat_0n_Kent at Sep 6, 2009,
My mate got an E30 for £800 and it fell apart. He drove it like he'd just stolen it, to be fair, but it was just problem after problem with that thing. Having said that, that's what you get with a 20 year old car for £800. I've seen them driving around all over the place looking fine, so if you're spending over £2500/5000AUD then I hope you're fine!
Quote by alexmonty12
My mate got an E30 for £800 and it fell apart. He drove it like he'd just stolen it, to be fair, but it was just problem after problem with that thing. Having said that, that's what you get with a 20 year old car for £800. I've seen them driving around all over the place looking fine, so if you're spending over £2500/5000AUD then I hope you're fine!

Yeah, the poorly maintained ones are worth nothing.
I drive pretty tame anyway (speed cameras rules here) so it should be okay if i get something with low kms.
I love white guitars!
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Yeah, the poorly maintained ones are worth nothing.
I drive pretty tame anyway (speed cameras rules here) so it should be okay if i get something with low kms.

why don't you get one of the newer 325i they go for around 7500 in american dollars.. I have no idea the difference in AU dollars
Quote by BlackVeins
BMW for a first car? Sorry, but you're spoiled.

haha not really.

i paid 800 for mine and its still running, just buy a Bentley manual and fix it yourself
Expect to pay through the ass for parts and maintenance

Cool car, though.

EDIT: Aw sheeeeit. Necrobump'd.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
This (Invalid img) was my first vehicle except in red for the cab and rust for the bed. Had 200,000 mi on it when I bought it for $600 at age 14 with money I earned myself starting at age 12.
i was going to say that is nothing but a fraction of a down payment im not sure what that converts to in USD but if its close converted then you aren't buying anything nice expect a clunker. BMW new is more like 30 k

Really you have to state it right your young and dumb so your going to spend all your savings and make payments for 4 years. You will be lucky if you even have that car by the time its finished paid off. If that's going to be your first car its not going to last long.

Your more like the guy who takes the MIA strat instead of the squire and then you go from eating steak sandwiches to ramen noodles.

I mean its about 100% clear you just want this to show off. My opinion wise up lol
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 10, 2010,
i wouldn't get a bmw in Australia as a first car, parts here are ****ing expensive and they are pretty impracticable in my opinion, but its your choice. have you considered looking at a more common car? parts are alot cheaper, also maybe look at getting one that runs on gas as it is awesome on your wallet.

EDIT: a bmw wont hold its value as well as you think especially once you start getting some kms on it.
Last edited by wobneb at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by BlackVeins
BMW for a first car? Sorry, but you're spoiled.

Hey asshole, my 97 M3 is my first car and I worked for every penny of that.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
I got a 2010 BMW and it rawks, though I have a problem with the navi system
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!