Hey, guys. I have a Schtecter Tempest Hellraiser with an EMG 81-TW in the Bridge and a 89 in the Neck. I was wondering, being they are both coil-tap, would I be able to just pop the 89 in the Bridge and the 81-TW in the Neck? If so, How would it sound? And, how would I go about doing this without ****ing up my guitar? Any Comments would be be appreciated, Thanks.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
EMGs pop in and out, meaning you dont have to rewire them, an 89 in the bridge would be different so im not sure how it would sound, id say try it, you wont mess up your guitar doing so
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
89 is close in tone to an 85 so it could potentially be awesome in the bridge (the 85 sure is) not sure how the 81 sounds in the neck though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
the 81 in the neck is ok, but not very good. it sounds a little harsh. but with a little tweeking on the amp it can sound decent.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Thanks for all the replies, I'll definitely try it when I can find the proper tools.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
all you should need is a screwdriver to unscrew the pickup rings. after that the pickups just clip in and out.
Quote by mikeyElite
all you should need is a screwdriver to unscrew the pickup rings. after that the pickups just clip in and out.

I've heard lots of people saying that you have to solder them. Is it just the new ones that are like that ?
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
I've heard lots of people saying that you have to solder them. Is it just the new ones that are like that ?

if they come stock in your guitar you can just clip them in and out, but if you buy them to replace your stock pups there's soldering involved just like any other pickups.
Quote by hippie_guy
i think Kirk Hammet has an 81 in the neck

That's just on his EMG Pickguard. He actually uses 85s and 60s in the neck.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.