I was using pinch harmonics and i just cant get it to sound just right. ill do it andit wont be that good. What am I doing wrong?

p.s. i pluck it and then come back to stop it with another down motion.
Last edited by ThrashRocker at Sep 10, 2009,
it cou;d be your in the wrong spot on the string. try moving where you pick, start at the bridge and just move along slowly while trying to play them and you should find the places with the strongest sound
That's not guaranteed, harmonic nodes appear at fractions of the length of the string that's free to vibrate - that means whenever you fret a note they'll be different.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
2nd and 3rd fret on the g and b strings produces the best pinches ive gotten. for the best place on the strings it really varies by guitar adn you can find the places on your own in like a minute.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
2nd and 3rd fret on the g and b strings produces the best pinches I've gotten. for the best place on the strings it really varies by NOTE and you can find the places on your own in like a minute.

It varies by note.
And sometimes by guitar as well.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Make sure that you have a lot of gain/distortion as well as a decent amount of treble. Also make sure that you have switched to the bridge pickup. As far as technique goes:

It's almost like a digging motion. What I do is I made it so that if you look straight down at your thumb, (if you are right-handed), your thumb will be pointing down and to the left and your pick will be pointing down and to the right, so it makes almost like an x. I could probably take a picture and pm you.
Quote by halo2masterk
Make sure that you have a lot of gain/distortion as well as a decent amount of treble. Also make sure that you have switched to the bridge pickup. As far as technique goes:

It's almost like a digging motion. What I do is I made it so that if you look straight down at your thumb, (if you are right-handed), your thumb will be pointing down and to the left and your pick will be pointing down and to the right, so it makes almost like an x. I could probably take a picture and pm you.

/thread
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i'm not skilled in pinch harmonics in any way, but have u tried turning the pick sideways., ive heard that helps, if not, the study the man himself at pinch harmonics, Zakk Wylde
"How can I be lost when I've got nowhere to go"
- MetallicA
What to do at a metal concert:

I sure some one has already said this but really all you have to do is really dig into the note with your thumb. And yes the pinches change from fret to fret and there are like 2 or three different pinches for each note. There are all in the same general place but can move just a tiny bit. What you need to sound like the guy in the video is a good amp with a lot of gain. Crank the gain all they way up and the pinches will scream. A good heavy distortion pedal helps if your amps ****ty like mine