Page 1 of 2
pit, im really drunk, so drunk that i feel sick and might pass out. i need to sober up/reel fast, i know that if i stay up in tell i start top sober up i wont get a hangover which is awesome and what i plan on doing. but i feel like **** right now. what is the best/fastest way of feeling better? please help me
Just keep drinking water. That will help with the dehydration side of it. Then go to sleep- time and rest are the only cures, because hangovers also affect glucose metabolism. You feel like sh*T because your body is removing pyruvate molecules from the normal energy metabolism pathway in order to break down the toxic acetyl acetate in your body. Alcohol isn't that toxic- it's the acetyl acetate, which is an intermediate. That's why you don't feel like sh*t right after you've started drinking. Eventually, most of the acetyl acetate will have metabolised into vinegar, and pyruvate will be increasingly used by the normal energy metabolism pathway again.
(Invalid img)

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Just keep drinking water. That will help with the dehydration side of it. Then go to sleep- time and rest are the only cures, because hangovers also affect glucose metabolism. You feel like sh*T because your body is removing pyruvate molecules from the normal energy metabolism pathway in order to break down the toxic acetyl acetate in your body. Alcohol isn't that toxic- it's the acetyl acetate, which is an intermediate. That's why you don't feel like sh*t right after you've started drinking. Eventually, most of the acetyl acetate will have metabolised into vinegar, and pyruvate will be increasingly used by the normal energy metabolism pathway again.

O_o
I can't understand that and I'm sober. I wonder what TS is thinking right now...
Last edited by Oroborous at Sep 6, 2009,
water, bread, sleep and accept the hangover, which may not even come. Just drink a few galsses of water and pass out in bed, you'll be fine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Eat lots of salty food and drink a sh*t load of water. Take a panadol before going to bed. Sleep in. Drink more water when you wake up and have a coffee. You'll pull up just fine.

also, inb4 Drink more alcohol.
Drunk right now, but here it goes:

Drink water, cold water on your face is good, but also put it on your wrists. There is a lot of access to blood vessels there and will help with circulation. Eat a bit, but do it slowly. After that just sleep.

Wow, I guess I just repeated what everyone said before me. Winner....
Lucky me..I never get a hangover
Once I passed out and woke up completely normal. nice, eh?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
If im that pissed there is nooooo way i could type that well. im even tipsy now, and its only 3pm
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
The most easy, and best option would be to drink quite a bit of water (maybe 2 big glasses) and take an asprin.

If you want another good option, do exactly that, but also make a salad and dink some V8 or any kind of vegitable juice.

Sometimes (even after doing things like that) you can't avoid a hangover. Just do what you can and take it easy the next day.
Quote by Master Shake
If im that pissed there is nooooo way i could type that well. im even tipsy now, and its only 3pm

So YOU'RE the one who took that username! I wanted it....

So TS, you hangin' in there buddy?
I kinda skipped through and was about to say that Deliriumbassist has had the only good comment but scissortooth's looks alright,
but generally things like eating bread are myths, and they don't work. At all.
Or so I was told..
Awkward :/
Quote by Oroborous
(Invalid img)

O_o
I can't understand that and I'm sober. I wonder what TS is thinking right now...

Right, normally, pyruvate is one of the molecules involved in giving you energy.

When you drink alcohol, that eventually turns in acetyl acetate, which is toxic. At this point, the body needs to do something to break this toxic substance down. That something is pyruvate. So the body reroutes pyruvate from helping give you energy, to breaking down the acetyl acetate, to stop it from killing you. Without pyruvate, you don't get as much energy, so you become sluggish. The toxic acetyl acetate is what makes your body hurt and make you want to stay in bed.
Man, I was still drunk 3 hours ago from last night. I love not getting hangovers ;D

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Drink large amounts of alcohol TS. You can't be hungover if you're always drunk.
Being drunk and on the internet makes you the big man, congratulations.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Sleep for 16 hours, you'll feel great, i sleep hangovers off, cuz if I stay up, i still geta headache and feel really sick when i sober up, whether i went to bed or not.
Read Jonathan Livingston Seagull. It's what makes being drunk great.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Oroborous
(Invalid img)

...You're the worst kind of person...
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Deliriumbassist

/thread

and mate, I suggest strongly against posting whilst drunk in the pit, sure it brings the lols, but a ban isn't worth it, but that depends what type of drunk you are, doesn't it
a little lost.....
Paracetamol works in this situation if you take a good amount, or any painkiller you can get your hands on really
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
Paracetamol works in this situation if you take a good amount, or any painkiller you can get your hands on really

Only take paracetamol if you've kept to the recommended daily limit of alcohol. Paracetamol can aggravate liver damage, which excessive drinking over a night can cause. Ibuprofen plus alcohol can lead to the bleeding of the stomach lining or duodenum.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Only take paracetamol if you've kept to the recommended daily limit of alcohol. Paracetamol can aggravate liver damage, which excessive drinking over a night can cause. Ibuprofen plus alcohol can lead to the bleeding of the stomach lining or duodenum.

Lol really. I did not know that mixing alcohol and painkillers is harmful. Thanks for enlightening me
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MH400
Eat bread and drink water.

Also, cold water on your face.

Don't eat bread. It does shit all to help.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Man, I was still drunk 3 hours ago from last night. I love not getting hangovers ;D

I love doing that!

And TS, if you're still conscious, just down truckloads of water, drink as much water as you can, then go to bed.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

That Myth Has Been BUSTED
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Become Irish so you don't feel like **** while also drinking people under the table.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
pit, im really drunk, so drunk that i feel sick and might pass out. i need to sober up/reel fast, i know that if i stay up in tell i start top sober up i wont get a hangover which is awesome and what i plan on doing. but i feel like **** right now. what is the best/fastest way of feeling better? please help me

That was written quite well considering you're soooooooo drunk...
i call BS you cant type that well and be drunk

i say you only had a few and your not that drunk

or your just a troll

Edit: fuuu ^^ stealing my glory
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by ryand111
i call BS you cant type that well and be drunk

i say you only had a few and your not that drunk

or your just a troll

Edit: fuuu ^^ stealing my glory

Quote by Dirge Humani
No, eating to sober up has been busted. Drinking water will help you feel better, because drinking dehydrates you.

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
thanks guys = D just after i started the thread everything started to get really blurry and i couldnt focus etc, but i managed to get the gist of the advise which was drink water. so after i threw up i chugged a few glasses of water and went to sleep because i felt better but still sick. and i woke up today with a minor headache and some pain =D
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Be sick.

You'll feel uch better afterwards, and just keep drinking water.

Also, man up, grow some balls and put some hair on them, pussy, you're only drunk.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2