I finally had enough money to pay off school and residence so I figure its time to start spending on myself a little. I've been in love with this guitar since I first heard it it, and the more I played it in stores the more and more I liked it. Here's my new beauty: Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin, made in Montreal Canada. Guitar is made of Canadian Wild Cherry and has a single P90.

The guitar sounds great. Its possibly the loudest, most resonant electric guitar I've ever heard. Almost as loud as my acoustic guitar. The P90 sounds very natural, through any clean amp it sounds like a perfect extension of the acoustic sound, which is warm and very natural sounding. The tone and volume controls are really quite amazing.. perfectly smooth from top to bottom with no sudden boosts or drains when turning them up or down. Sounds just as good and natural with volume on 1 as 10.
Wow, dude that's great; Just yesterday I was in a guitar store falling in love with one. The sound is amazing!

Good job! How much did it set you back though?
Is it an electro-acoustic?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Dream Floyd
Is it an electro-acoustic?

It's more of a hollowbody than a realy Elec/Accustic.
I tried one not so long ago. I was totally blown away. They're beautiful and sound wonderful.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Wow. That looks amazing, I bet it sounds way better. HNGD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
That looks beautiful. And it goes well with your backyard setting, if you don't mind me saying so
Quote by Rokeman
That looks beautiful. And it goes well with your backyard setting, if you don't mind me saying so

I totally agree. You should sell that last picture to Robert Godin to put it in a catalogue.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Wow man, that guitar is absolutely gorgeous, I love the wood grain it's stunning!

May I ask how much it cost you?!

HNGD!!!!
Damn, that thing is beautiful. Makes me want to slap some flat-wounds on and swing like the old days. HNGD!
That does look really stunning, hngd!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Ha, sweet. I was JUST watching How It's Made on the Science Channel maybe 2 hours ago and they made a Godin guitar. It was cool.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
That is absolutely beyond beautiful. I've wanted a nice jazz guitar for a long time and that seems absolutely perfect.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Not bad, Hngd!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Wow, HNGD! That reminded me, there's one of those at my local music store which I ought to try out. I bet it'd work wonderfully as my big band/straight-up jazz guitar

EDIT: Now that I take a closer look at it, looks like it has a mad flat radius. How does it play, concerning that? And are you planning on using flat or round wounds?
Last edited by Whiskky at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by Y00p
Wow, dude that's great; Just yesterday I was in a guitar store falling in love with one. The sound is amazing!

Good job! How much did it set you back though?

Only $717.24 Canadian. Like I said above.. finally all the important stuff is paid off so it isn't really a set back at all!

I haven't decided if I want to set it up with flatwounds, I really love it's bright acoustic sound, and how it mixes with my current band's sound, so I might stick with round.

The radius is quite flat, though it's not completely flat like my Ibanez Artcore has, so it's hard to comment as my hand is already quite well adjusted to it. The neck is a unique shape, I haven't held a neck that feels quite like this before. Its large but very comfortable, just took a few hours with it for my hands to adjust completely.
Oh man, I love those guitars. My friend has one of those without the pickup and it is fantastic. I'm definitely considering one of these as my future jazz guitar.

HNGD
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
these things are so nice... i've been GASing for a 5th avenue acoustic since i first saw them happy new guitar day! that thing looks amazing. best finish they have!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I've tried one of these at a local shop. I must say they are far better value than something like a Gibson. Sound is absolutely gorgeous too. Maybe when I finish the gutting and rebuilding of my basement later this fall, I'll pick one up.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
awesome, that looks really classy
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TimmyPage06
Only $717.24 Canadian. Like I said above.. finally all the important stuff is paid off so it isn't really a set back at all!

I haven't decided if I want to set it up with flatwounds, I really love it's bright acoustic sound, and how it mixes with my current band's sound, so I might stick with round.

The radius is quite flat, though it's not completely flat like my Ibanez Artcore has, so it's hard to comment as my hand is already quite well adjusted to it. The neck is a unique shape, I haven't held a neck that feels quite like this before. Its large but very comfortable, just took a few hours with it for my hands to adjust completely.

Yeah, I had the same thing; It took a few moments to adjust, but after that it's comfortable as all hell. I'd love it to have a cut-away though, if it did, I would've probably forked up the money right there and then.

I was playing the black one though, this does look way nicer...