Hi,

Dissapointingly, I snapped the whammy bar on my ibanez prestige with edge pro. It snapped inside the whammy hole, whats the best way to get it out? If i take the whole bridge out, can i push it out from the back?

I was thinking of drilling a hole in the top of the snapped part and screwing a long screw into it then pulling it out. it snapped about 1cm into the hole.

I was quite astonished, as I was not even abusing it, just standard whammy bar useage. I suppose all metal fatigues over time, the guitar is quite old.

Anyway thanks for your advice.
RG's & Mesa's
it has floyd rose right?

i think you can get the tremolo bridge out and tremole block off, i think u can then just slide it out of the inside, i think do NOT say i know for sure cuz i dont own floyd rose
I dont think you can just push it. Isn't it a kind of screw? superglue-ing and then rotating your way out might work...
if it`s the edge pro then supergluing as pacman suggested will more than likely workwork there`s also a screw on the underside of the trem arm that if you tighten will push the offending piece towards the surface(probably won`t go all the way and you`ll still need to grab it some how.

Quote by wolvenrick
it has floyd rose right?

i think you can get the tremolo bridge out and tremole block off, i think u can then just slide it out of the inside, i think do NOT say i know for sure cuz i dont own floyd rose

he obviously uses is trem otherwise it wouldn`t of snapped

Quote by anotherbattery
I dont think you can just push it. Isn't it a kind of screw? superglue-ing and then rotating your way out might work...

the edgepro is a push in arm with 2 teflon washers to maintain the torque, when posting advice it helps if you know something about equipment.

Quote by bucketbots
i have no idea..

so your post is just to get your post count up....muppet

if you don`t succeed then take it to a tech...
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 6, 2009,
I would have to see it first, can you take a pic of the trem from the front and back? I am not familiar with the newest trem Ibanez uses.

If it's just a push in bar can you get to it from the back and just push it out?

I have gotten broken trem arms out of many guitars in the past with the typical Floyd and Strat trems that just screw in. I usually use a small drill bit and and a small easy out but you have to take the whole trem out of the guitar first. Metal shavings can get pulled to the magnets on the pups and you just don't want that and you just don't want to have a slip and mar the guitar up.

John
or just take it back to where you bought it and say this is **** and get them to do something about it
at the end of the day they should

the customers always right dude !