Dear UG

I was just wondering, i've recently bought a mic and a set of m-audio av 40 moniters, i also have a line 6 tone port ux1,

now, to get the best sound possible i need to plug the 1/4 cable from the ux1 analogue-outs into the 1/4 input on the speakers

my question is simply, is the 1/4 cable used to connect, standard guitar cable or does it need to be speaker cable, ( like the kind you use to connect a head to a cab)

thanks
Mah rig

Maverick F-3
Orange Tiny Terror
Boss dd3
Dunlop wah
Big Muff w/tone wicker
I'm sure guitar cable will do, but it's overkill.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
So guitar cable wont work either?
Mah rig

Maverick F-3
Orange Tiny Terror
Boss dd3
Dunlop wah
Big Muff w/tone wicker
It will, but you pay more for guitar cables than plain audio cables.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
excellent, i have numerous guitar cables lying about, that can be used

thank you all
Mah rig

Maverick F-3
Orange Tiny Terror
Boss dd3
Dunlop wah
Big Muff w/tone wicker
Jack cables, which guitars uses are not guitar-only cables.

They work for cabs and speakers too, anything with a 1/4 input/output.
Quote by Union Of V
It will, but you pay more for guitar cables than plain audio cables.

Only if your a ****ing idiot.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
A guitar cable is a TS cable, which is tip and sleeve. Your speakers call for a balanced TRS cable, which is tip, ring, and sleeve. Picking up a pair of TRS cables shouldn't be too expensive and the benefit is that TRS cables can often eliminate noise that might be present using plain TS cables.
^^^ However the UX1 doesn't have balanced outs so it's a waste of money considering.
Quote by Tombe