Could someone recommend me some bands or artists that sound like the songs off Buckethead's "Electric Tears" and "Decoding the Tomb Bansheebot" records. They are my 2 favourite Buckethead records and i love the songs.

Any help is muchly appreiciated.

(if this is the wrong forum, could a mod move it, or could someone tell me where to move it?)

Thanks
Have you listened to his albums released under the name Death Cube K? Some really good ambient stuff there. Some of it might remind you of Electric Tears from time to time.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by JayPresto
U might like the Damnation album by Opeth, it's pretty chill

Thanks, i listen to alot of Opeth, i just dont have that album, i only have Morningrise, My Arms, Your Hearse, Still Life, and Watershed.

Oh if you dont know the albums, copied description of the albums from wiki:

Electric Tears
is Buckethead's ninth studio album. It is considered one of his most calming albums[1] in a list that would include works such as the acoustic, Colma. The only instruments featured on the album are acoustic and electric guitars played by Buckethead.[2] The tracks on Electric Tears are an array of soft mellow tunes as well as apathetic, ambient, and somewhat depressing-sounding minor notes that are arranged in melodic fashion.

Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot is the twenty-first studio album by Buckethead, released through TDRS Music in 2007.

The album was announced with the release of two other albums, Cyborg Slunks and an album with drummer Brain called Kevin's Noodle House. All were released on the same date.

It has a similar sound to its predecessor Pepper's Ghost, and shares the more straight-forward song writing of it as well. It also features the song "Sail on Soothsayer" that is dedicated to his Aunt Suzie (1932-2007). The song is connected to two other songs that Buckethead dedicated to her, the first being "Soothsayer (Dedicated to Aunt Suzie)" from the album Crime Slunk Scene (2006) followed by "Aunt Suzie" from the album Cyborg Slunks, his next release.

Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot includes some references to the Haunted Mansion, as in the opening track which quotes a line from the attraction's script[1], narrated by the "Ghost Host".

Quote by BlisteringDDj
Have you listened to his albums released under the name Death Cube K? Some really good ambient stuff there. Some of it might remind you of Electric Tears from time to time.

Ill check it out now, any songs you recommend?
Last edited by maiden03 at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by maiden03
Ill check it out now, any songs you recommend?

Can't mention any specific songs. I've just listened through some albums without reading the song titles. ;-)
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Can't mention any specific songs. I've just listened through some albums without reading the song titles. ;-)

Damn, just listening to some stuff on youtube, really good.

Thanks, anymore?