How many people would actually still listen to it, and how many people would call sellout and stop liking them? BTW this is theoretical, i know DM will probs never go mainstream.
Believe.
Quote by spoony 101
How many people would actually still listen to it, and how many people would call sellout and stop liking them? BTW this is theoretical, i know DM will definitely never go mainstream.

Fix'd

I wouldn't listen to it, as i don't like the vocal styles.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Well, I enjoy it now, so I don't care whether they are publicly played or not, as long as they keep the same/simmilar style of music, then I don't see the difference.

/Thread
a little lost.....
Like, if Death metal was played frequently on the radio and stuff during day time on popular stations? It'd kinda be like what horror movies are for film. Most people that I know and most people at my school aren't one bit hesitant to go and see the newest SAW but they'd freak out and call me emo if I made them listen to some vegetarian progressive grindcore
Also, if it did become mainstream, that association of parents and child safety people (can't think of the name atm) would have a giant rage and get half of it banned
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
I see what you're thinking, TS.

In concept, it's a good thought for a thread.

Too many people on here try to act cool and dislike ANYTHING mainstream.

Personally, I wouldn't listen to it, as I've never liked Death Metal anyway.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
I see what you're thinking, TS.

In concept, it's a good thought for a thread.

Too many people on here try to act cool and dislike ANYTHING mainstream.

Personally, I wouldn't listen to it, as I've never liked Death Metal anyway.

Exactly. Huge stereotype here, but most of the metalheads i know despise a band if they get a bit of popularity, so what would they do?
Believe.
If Death Metal became mainstream, it wouldn't make a difference as I don't listen to it and besides hearing it played more in public... I will always like my music.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by spoony 101
Exactly. Huge stereotype here, but most of the metalheads i know despise a band if they get a bit of popularity, so what would they do?

Well then I guess they'd be like "ugh, CC nandn friends sold out, lets go listen to some Stump"
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
If death metal went mainstream I could make some adjustments to my riffing and learn to growl properly and be the next (insert sellout here)
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Davo Ownz
Well, I enjoy it now, so I don't care whether they are publicly played or not, as long as they keep the same/simmilar style of music, then I don't see the difference.

/Thread

+win
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Well then spoon, most of the metal heads are idiots, the bands popularity =/= / effect whether you enjoy their music or not, UNLESS, the band isn't real enough, then they change to suit the mainstream.

But if a band is just getting appreciated more then usual, without changing to suit the mainstream, then sure, I'd still like them, it's not their fault that they are popular.
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz
Well then spoon, most of the metal heads are idiots, the bands popularity =/= / effect whether you enjoy their music or not, UNLESS, the band isn't real enough, then they change to suit the mainstream.

But if a band is just getting appreciated more then usual, without changing to suit the mainstream, then sure, I'd still like them, it's not their fault that they are popular.

+1, most metalheads ARE idiots
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
If death metal becomes mainstream pigs will fly and George Bush will be seen as one of the great American presidents
Gear too embarrassing too talk about
Quote by Davo Ownz

Quote by Shredoftheday
+1, most metalheads ARE idiots

This is a pretty good reason to raise the age limit from 13 to 16 or something
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by DeadWhisper
if its mainstream then ALOT of people would listen to it

I meant the existing fanbase
Believe.
it'll end up like punk, any new band will be labeled in one way or another as inferior (sp?) and every band in the 1st 10 years of the genre unjustly throned as gods of it, all you can do is keep an open mind to it all and ignore the idiots who dont understand the concept of variety.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by DeadWhisper
if its mainstream then ALOT of people would listen to it

Quote by spoony 101
I meant the existing fanbase

The existing fanbase would probably be very pleased.

This thread is terrible.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by Butt Rayge
The existing fanbase would probably be very please.

This thread is terrible.

Erm... Ok?
Believe.
Seriously what kind of fucking spastics come up with a discussion like this
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Only in the pit...

Oh wait, this happens in the metal forum sometimes, too...

Quote by spoony 101
Erm... Ok?

Typo.

It's been fixed.
...Yes?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I think it only becomes mainstream if people start churning cartoons on it.

Oh wait.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I'd still listen to it. Who gives a ****? It's music >.>
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Are Arch Enemy death metal? They're mainstream. So are In Flames and Children of Boredom.

"Metalcore" is mainstream, so there's no reason why death metal can't be.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 6, 2009,
It is an interesting point. A lot of people who like metal/death metal are more in tune with the concept of being an outcast or not wanting to be acceptable to the mainstream social groups, a lot of which is governed around what music you listen to, especially in high school. Perhaps the existing death metal fans who had turned to the genre because of rejection from more popular social circles might like the idea of death metal becoming mainstream and relish in the fact that they "listened to it way before anyone else". The fans who liked the music because it set them apart, rather than it being a 'last resort', might not be so keen to embrace the new mainstream fans. The obvious answer is, 'yes of course they'd still like it, you like music for what it is, not because of its fans', but we all know this isn't true because of the certain stigmas attached to music like death metal.

So, i dunno, depends why you're listening to death metal in the first place.

Quote by sashki
Are Arch Enemy death metal? They're mainstream. So are In Flames and Children of Boredom.

"Metalcore" is mainstream, so there's no reason why death metal can't be.
I think he meant a more of an "on the radio at 2 in the afternoon" mainstream.
wether I want it or not, if I like something and it goes mainstream (new era caps in belgium for example) I automatically start hating it..

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by alexmonty12

I think he meant a more of an "on the radio at 2 in the afternoon" mainstream.

Well, that depends on what kind of radio you listen to. AC/DC and Metallica are mainstream, but you wouldn't hear them on a typical "pop hit" radio station, even with their new albums out.

At least I didn't hear them. Only on rock-oriented stations.

For the record, I listen to metal because I like how it sounds. I don't like the cultures that are generally attached to music. Also, my friends introduced me to metal, and I read a lot about it in Guitar World. That accounts for it being pretty mainstream.
It would still suck..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.