10 48%
j_hunter_hkr
5 24%
RubberSoul54321
1 5%
Voters: 21.
strawforest007
1,695 IQ
Here are the tracks for the play-off. Several duellers failed to submit anything for this, but the show continues. Top 5 go through (both play-off groups have been merged).

zhilla - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/zhilla/music/all/play694721

Jazzman91 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jazzman91/music/play695335

iceman420 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Iceman+420/music/all/play696180

imgooley - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play678007

j_hunter_hkr - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/j_hunter_hkr/music/play695659

Rubbersoul54321 - http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/RubberSoul54321/music/all/play692630

Best of luck and get voting!
zhilla
344 IQ
If we're in the play-offs can we still vote (obviously not for ourselves)?
Last edited by zhilla at Sep 8, 2009,
Ozfan
22 IQ
wow, these are all pretty good. But, i think imgooley and j_hunter_hkr are my favorites. the slide guitar from imgooley was really nice, but then hunter's tune was really good too.
salmon philippe
1,923 IQ
Dear Zhilla , if you vote for the others, you reduce your own chance to win, this is a duel, not a suicide !
zhilla
344 IQ
Too late - I already voted for imgooley lol

And....nobody told me it was a duel to the death o0 <hides behind a cushion>
salmon philippe
1,923 IQ
I did not expect there would be just a few of us left in this round... and I don't understand why some of the best guitar players gave up, but nevermind.
Here are some very interresting things and I liked all the songs here, specialy the ones with slide guitar solos.

-Zhilla : the dialog with the bass is a good idea but it is not always on the right tempo
-Jazzman : nicely done on the accoustic , it was maybe not necessary to sing on it though.
I mean that it would have been more original to make an instrumental out of it.
-Imogley : You slide like god
-Iceman : I love the song and the slide solo
-Hunter : I love the first part with a clear sound, the second part is not that fine , and the crunch a bit lound on it to my taste.
- Rubbersoul : the solo is done with care but there is not a lot of surprise in it, a bit conventional, did you play the bass line too ?

I have a question, are we supposed to vote only one time and for only one person ?
zhilla
344 IQ
You can only vote once on a poll. After that it shows you the results and highlights the option you voted on, and doesn't give you an option to vote again.
barefootboy
a gray haired boy
192 IQ
There is some great playing again. Once more, it's a difficult choice. I'm going to have to listen again.
j_hunter_hkr
aka Jamie
664 IQ
Thanks for the critique, salmon philippe. I'll maybe try something purely fingerstyle next time. Ideally I'd like to record playing my acoustic but I don't have a microphone to record with.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Thanks for the critique, salmon philippe. I'll maybe try something purely fingerstyle next time. Ideally I'd like to record playing my acoustic but I don't have a microphone to record with.

I liked it shrug That was direct? Sounded like the Beatles Revolution tones
j_hunter_hkr
aka Jamie
664 IQ
Quote by imgooley
I liked it shrug That was direct? Sounded like the Beatles Revolution tones

Ha, thanks.

It was recorded straight though my JamVox. There is an Acoustic pedal built into the software but if I'm being honest it sounds pretty sh*t! What sort of mic do you use to record?
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
I kept it conventional because my last attempt at being a bit different got trashed!!! And yes, I played the bass as well.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
QuantumP7
78 IQ
I would have entered. But I'm new here and not very good.

Next time, though.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
Ha, thanks.

It was recorded straight though my JamVox. There is an Acoustic pedal built into the software but if I'm being honest it sounds pretty sh*t! What sort of mic do you use to record?

I use a simple, cheap as hell, Chinese made condenser/PC mic for acoustic and a cheap as hell Swedish made mic for electric. I usually use either my Vox Valvetronix amp as a pre or my Vox DA 5 as a pre. Into the soundcard, into audacity. I'm trying to start using Reaper, and I plan on picking up another mic (I use a 2 amp setup, but use 1 mic to mic both amps), a multi channel stereo mixer and USB preamp soon.

Once I get out of the Air Force, I plan on getting a decent machine just for recording.
evolucian
682 IQ
imgooley, that was very nicely done... My gf and I have a suggestion... smoke some camels (cigarettes, not suggesting an expedition to egypt)
strawforest007
1,695 IQ
Quote by zhilla
What happens if there is a tie?

Rule 8 in the Blues Duels III sign-up thread (first post)
zhilla
344 IQ
Quote by strawforest007
Rule 8 in the Blues Duels III sign-up thread (first post)
So if the bottom 2 tie we all go through?
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by evolucian
imgooley, that was very nicely done... My gf and I have a suggestion... smoke some camels (cigarettes, not suggesting an expedition to egypt)
I smoke Newports and the occasional Dominican cigar, so
evolucian
682 IQ
oooooooooh... smell the tension

You need the camel or winston voice... lol... but its cool, in time it'll get there, nicely done anyway
Last edited by evolucian at Sep 9, 2009,
strawforest007
1,695 IQ
Bad luck to Iceman and congratulations to those that went through. The line-up for Round 2 is up in the other thread.
Iceman 420
UG's Poke-Penguin
1,360 IQ
Guess I'll just have to try harder next time.

Oh well, congrats to everyone else and good luck with the next round.
My Gear:
Ibanez GRX20
Fender Esquire
Keeley TS808
BBE Free Fuzz
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Classic 50
Ovation Ultra 1528

"There are only two types of rock guitarists: Jeff Beck and everyone else."
-Mio Akiyama (K-ON!)
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
I'm just pleased I got a vote Buggered if I know what to do for the next round though
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

zhilla
344 IQ
I wasn't expecting any votes either - I'm still in shock lol And I have the same problem with the next round...I'd kind of assumed I wouldn't need another track
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
Yep, startin to panic now