MANCHESTER UG'ers- Band playing in Manc on Weds- anyone got somewhere we can crash?

Hai guise!

My band are playing at The Roadhouse in Manchester on Wednesday, and the guy who was gonna let us use his spare room has bailed on us, so we need a place to stay! It'd help if it was near the venue because we're going up on the train... we don't drive! We just need a floor for 3 dudes to crash on, then we'll be off and out early for the train back, m'kay?

So, UG... who's up fer it? Oh, and we'll bring shitloads of alcohol if you so wish.

[SHAMELESS PLUG] - And even if you can't help us out, come to the focken show!
If I were you I'd check out www.couchsurfing.com as well. Fantastic site.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sorry, I don't live in Manchester.

Try and find a " Group for Manchester's " and ask there.
a little lost.....
Quote by tyler_j
+1 You guys are killer.

Aaawww thanks! You can come and party with us whenever, okay?
I'm afraid I don't have a room for you guys at all, but I will definitely try and get there and see you guys
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
Nice! Well, we have free alcohol, so bring your friends, too and we'll have ourselves a night on the town! It'd be nice to have some people there- it's a bit far for our Cambridge fans!!!
Quote by Kensai
If I were you I'd check out www.couchsurfing.com as well. Fantastic site.

Wow I have never seen this site.

Slightly bizarre for this day in age considering how much theft/rape and beatings go on. But a great site.
I've signed up and sent some emails, but I'm just wondering if it's too short-notice...
^If we could put up a massive tent on the pitch and sleep there... we would!

We're probably going to stay in a hostel now, but we'll need money... so come to the gig and bring your friends so we get paid! We're going to burn off some CDs to sell, too... so buy those.
Last edited by Aidy Damage at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by BrashPersona
Wow I have never seen this site.

Slightly bizarre for this day in age considering how much theft/rape and beatings go on. But a great site.

Nah those things are veeery rare on CS. They have different ways of verifying and stuff.

Quote by Aidy Damage
I've signed up and sent some emails, but I'm just wondering if it's too short-notice...

As long as people got couches and your profile doesn't scream serial rapist you could probably get a place to crash.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Aidy Damage
^If we could put up a massive tent on the pitch and sleep there... we would!

We're probably going to stay in a hostel now, but we'll need money... so come to the gig and bring your friends so we get paid! We're going to burn off some CDs to sell, too... so buy those.

Did your bassist turn up in the end then? Where/why/what happened? I missed the follow up from the thread, if there was one..
Quote by dandadog
Did your bassist turn up in the end then? Where/why/what happened? I missed the follow up from the thread, if there was one..

It was our drummer, and yeah- he turned up safe and well.
Quote by Aidy Damage
It was our drummer, and yeah- he turned up safe and well.

Any sort of interesting story behind it?

I'm the one that has your old RG50TC now! Small world eh.
Quote by dandadog
Any sort of interesting story behind it?

I'm the one that has your old RG50TC now! Small world eh.

Haha! Nice! =) I miss it- a Roland Cube 60 isn't the same... trying to get finance on a Marshall JTM-45 once the band's on a steady income- we either make loads of money a gig or no money! If enough people come to this Manc gig, we should make some.

Well, I can't really go into the back story with our drummer, but we're supporting him all the way. There are underlying issues, but he didn't run away- he was just making sure his brother was okay.