Can I record from the 'pod style out'/headphone socket on my amp straight to my PC/Laptop? Or would I need to buy a line 6 pod? Please don't have a go I know it's blatantly obvious to you guys and you get millions of questions, but I really don't know .

Thank you.
yes you can. plug it into the microphone socket on your laptop/PC and open software that's capable of recording - mixcraft, audacity - click record, and play away.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Dpdr
Can I record from the 'pod style out'/headphone socket on my amp straight to my PC/Laptop? Or would I need to buy a line 6 pod? Please don't have a go I know it's blatantly obvious to you guys and you get millions of questions, but I really don't know .

Thank you.

Yes you can, but some idiots are gonna flame you for a different reason.
like me! Line6 sucks
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
Quote by Astaldo
like me! Line6 sucks

now that's adult conversation!

to TS: yes you can, as said before, just use a 1/4" to 1/8" cable (I think it should be like that)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

I do realize Line 6 isn't popular with the adults lol. But it has a nice tone for my likes and makes all the peers go "Zomfg look at that thing woahz".

Maybe I'll try out Orange/Marhshall in a couple of years when I hit "adult" status :L.

Thanks for the info guys appreciate it!
Oh wait, can I be cheeky and ask what is the cable called that has one end for the amp and one small end for the computers microphone socket? Thank you :P
Yes you can and the quality could very well be brilliant if your PC has a half decent sound card.

If you have a mac, particularly a recent one, then your good to go.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)