i play punk rock some classic rock no pedals and a good clean channel is required not to mention a ear bleeding distortion
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
save up a bit more money and u can get somethin good
dont be impatiant !!!!!

savge about 350 / 400 and youl get yourself an alright amp
Quote by samlocke14
used peavey classic 30?
what currency do you guys use in egypt?

btw i am moving frm egypt so i wont buy it frm egypt but just for your knowledge
(L.E--> pounds)
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
btw i am moving frm egypt so i wont buy it frm egypt but just for your knowledge
(L.E--> pounds)

cheers mate
for that money you will most likely have to used if you want a nice tube amp, you could get something like a peavey vypyr or a pod brand new for that money bt it all depends on weather u want tube or solid state
Quote by samlocke14
cheers mate
for that money you will most likely have to used if you want a nice tube amp, you could get something like a peavey vypyr or a pod brand new for that money bt it all depends on weather u want tube or solid state

btw incase u got it wrong i said dollars just saying man i prefer tube but if solid state it better be an amazing one :P now gimme suggestions
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
btw incase u got it wrong i said dollars just saying man i prefer tube but if solid state it better be an amazing one :P now gimme suggestions

Peavey vyper and Roland cube are pretty sood SS modellers.
well i use the Line 6 spider 3 and it is excellent, i have the 15watt but the 30 and i think 75 watt are all under $300.

There might be better amps though...
Last edited by CSMiller at Sep 6, 2009,
SuperChamp XD
$299.99
/thread
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by thrasher.
this or VT30.

my genre's in mind which is better
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Svae up$50 more and you can get the Bugera V22 which is awesome.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by greendayispunk
my genre's in mind which is better

Well, a Superchamp is tonally better as a whole, because it is all tube and if you listened to them side to side, it sounds a little better then the VT. but, I really like the VT because you actually get alto of usable, decent features in the amp. You get plenty of effects , 11 of them. All the 22 amp models sound pretty accurate, and you have alot of room to tweak sounds and get what tone you want with the VT. Plus you get 8 banks to store you favorite tones/ settings. I think it's an excellent practice amp. I had one, don't have it anymore, but might get one again. The SCXD like I said sounds great, but you don't get as many features as the Vox and it's a little more. It's really if you want an amp jampacked with features or one that just sounds amazing for the price (not the say the VT doesn't sound good). I will warn you, the VT doesn't sound the greatest cranked loud.
Quote by jc349
Save up $50 more and you can get the Bugera V22 which is awesome.

This.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by jc349
Svae up$50 more and you can get the Bugera V22 which is awesome.

does it work with heavey distorted stuff and also squeakey clean cleans (lolwut)
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by thrasher.
Well, a Superchamp is tonally better as a whole, because it is all tube and if you listened to them side to side, it sounds a little better then the VT. but, I really like the VT because you actually get alto of usable, decent features in the amp. You get plenty of effects , 11 of them. All the 22 amp models sound pretty accurate, and you have alot of room to tweak sounds and get what tone you want with the VT. Plus you get 8 banks to store you favorite tones/ settings. I think it's an excellent practice amp. I had one, don't have it anymore, but might get one again. The SCXD like I said sounds great, but you don't get as many features as the Vox and it's a little more. It's really if you want an amp jampacked with features or one that just sounds amazing for the price (not the say the VT doesn't sound good). I will warn you, the VT doesn't sound the greatest cranked loud.

sold to the vt :P
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Um, for $300 I'd suggest a Peavey Vypyr. Can't get much better than that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Um, for $300 I'd suggest a Peavey Vypyr. Can't get much better than that.

hmm
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
bugera maybe

i wouldnt get a vox just because they dont handle pedals well, and trust me, you're gonna want to use pedals soon
The Vox VT series is great but if you want those sparkley clean tones, the Fender Super Champ's clean channel is effing excellent! Either way you go between the Vox and the Fender I think you'll be happy, good luck fellow punk rocker.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by gregs1020
SuperChamp XD
$299.99
/thread

+1
excellent choice
Control your destiny.
Quote by skittle_eater
bugera maybe

i wouldnt get a vox just because they dont handle pedals well, and trust me, you're gonna want to use pedals soon

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. I've found that my Valvetronix handles most pedals very well.

And my vote also goes to the VT30. Incredibly versatile amps.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by gregs1020
SuperChamp XD
$299.99
/thread

+1. great amps, can't go wrong with it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I think that a used Laney AOR 50 would be in your price range. If you can find one then get it, because they are fabulous amps.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
i just got a 30 watt peavey vypyr for 150 quid, guessing like 250 dollars atm, it's working beautifully, deffo when miced up it would sound nice and just the channel switcher footpedal needed coz you got the effects programmed in and you can customise presets etc. deffo reccomend it
my namez jak