I've got a question. I'm not sure whats wrong but my Les Paul has this hum whenever its plugged in and only disappears when I touch a metal part (i.e. bridge, tuners, strings) and even then it disappears slightly.

I've done some research and googling and I couldn't really find anything out. I don't think its the cables because I have a few and with some of the better ones I have, the hum is still there and with the crappy cables, the hum gets worse and does not disappear.

Its an Aria Pro II Les Paul and by the looks of it, is kinda old. Help?
Quote by JELIFISH19
Sounds like it's a grounding problem. One of the solder joints is probably broken.

Yeah, probably this or some other grounding issue. Does it do it with other electrics(if you have one)? If so it could be your amp too.
Definitely not my amp. Cause I've had a gig and a rehearsal in the past few days and there problem was persistent with whatever amp I used.

Any guides to fixing this issue? Its annoying the fck out of me.
If your comfortable in doing so you can take the electronics apart and see if there is a loose ground wire.
Quote by cranium2001
If your comfortable in doing so you can take the electronics apart and see if there is a loose ground wire.

I'm kinda useless in terms of wiring and stuff... any pictures or whatsoever that can guide me? I don't wanna fck it up and then have to send it for repairs =/