Okay, so does anybody know which is best for stuff like Bodom and Arch Enemy. I really need a smaller amp under 100 watts but without sacrificing that kickass metal tube tone.
Krank probz.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
bodom actually uses krank in the studio and arch enemy used to use krank. so I'd say go with the krank. plus they sound great
krank has more balls imo, but they're both good amps
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
how loud can you get?
you said under 100w, 50w of tube is still loud as heck.

out of those two i would go for the Krank BUT get the PRO, it has MUCH MORE gain than the standard.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Yeah, definitely go for the Pro. I didn't like the standard when I had it, but all the videos of the Pro make me have GAS for it.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
how loud can you get?

out of those two i would go for the Krank BUT get the PRO, it has MUCH MORE gain than the standard.

This. The Pro is much, much better for modern metal. I tried both out 2 weeks ago and I actually liked em better than their full size counterparts.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
This. The Pro is much, much better for modern metal. I tried both out 2 weeks ago and I actually liked em better than their full size counterparts.

really?? I've tried many kranks before but i've never tried the rev jr. Do u know the difference between the Standard or Pro?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
how loud can you get?

and by the way, they come in 20 watt and 50 choices.
Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
really?? I've tried many kranks before but i've never tried the rev jr. Do u know the difference between the Standard or Pro?

The Pro has more gain and a better EQ.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
and by the way, they come in 20 watt and 50 choices.

i think the 50watt is released now
feel free to add me
definitley go with the Krank. Far superior across the board, but, you pay more. The Blackstar doesnt't really have the much gain at all IMO.
Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
really?? I've tried many kranks before but i've never tried the rev jr.

Please go try it first! I'm not a Krank hater or anything, and on paper that little head is PERFECT for me, so I thought it would be the end of my amp search. Then I went and played through it, and I hated it passionately. I know tone is subjective, and there are people who love the Jr., but I can't emphasize how much I hated it. It truly sounded horrible to my ears; extremely harsh, cold, unfeeling, and buzz-saw like. Again, to my ears.

That's not to say you won't love it, or that people who love them lack taste or something, but whatever you do, take a trip in your car and play one just to make sure you don't have ears like mine .
Quote by lumberjack
Please go try it first! I'm not a Krank hater or anything, and on paper that little head is PERFECT for me, so I thought it would be the end of my amp search. Then I went and played through it, and I hated it passionately. I know tone is subjective, and there are people who love the Jr., but I can't emphasize how much I hated it. It truly sounded horrible to my ears; extremely harsh, cold, unfeeling, and buzz-saw like. Again, to my ears.

That's not to say you won't love it, or that people who love them lack taste or something, but whatever you do, take a trip in your car and play one just to make sure you don't have ears like mine .

did you spend some time on the sweep knob??
feel free to add me
Quote by lumberjack

olz okay, but i already have and it's ****ing awesome to me.
Quote by thrasher.
The Blackstar doesnt't really have the much gain at all IMO.

+1

I could get Sabbath at best gain out of mine.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
+1

I could get Sabbath at best gain out of mine.

I know. It seems that before I bought mine, people were raving over the fact that it had a reasonable amount of gain. Now that I bought one, I keep reading comments about how it doesn't have that much gain.

Of course, with a 10 Band EQ in the loop, things would probably get much better.
Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
but can you prove that???

Well, for starters, it has an EQ on the clean channel. That alone is a huge improvement.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by BeethovensBust
I know. It seems that before I bought mine, people were raving over the fact that it had a reasonable amount of gain. Now that I bought one, I keep reading comments about how it doesn't have that much gain.

I bet you feel stupid...

I do too

I bought mine on a whim and had to send it back and ended up losing like $100 Thanks UG.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Okay, so I'm thinking of buying the Krank Rev Jr. Pro 50 watt in black and spray painting the grill metallic gold. Does anybody know if the Krank logo on the grill comes off???
Quote by JayT44
I bet you feel stupid...

I do too

I bought mine on a whim and had to send it back and ended up losing like $100 Thanks UG.

witch one did you get???
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
did you spend some time on the sweep knob??

Spent a couple hours in the store with it, actually. I just couldn't get a sound I liked out of it...could have been a dud, who knows. Folks say Krank is either love or hate, and I guess I'm just one of the people who hates it? Almost anything was more pleasant than that amp to my ears.
Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
witch one did you get???

The HT-5 Mini- Stack... It didn't have near enough gain for my liking. Easily fixed with an OD pedal but I prefer my gain on-tap. It's a great amp, don't get me wrong... the cleans were MUCH better than I expected but it doesn't have a whole lot of gain...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
There's no comparison between these two amps. The Krank Rev Jr is a high gain amp that can be used as a small home unit or it can be kranked up to play in a band setting. I own one Rev Jr and their loud as hell. The ht-5 is a practice amp for home use only. If your looking for high gain definately the Krank. If you want a practice amp, lower gain go with the ht-5.
Quote by murda_jr427
bodom actually uses krank in the studio and arch enemy used to use krank. so I'd say go with the krank. plus they sound great

dude bodom never used crank in the studio.
the stuff they use in the studio is the same as the stuff they use live.
since they use marshall jcm 800s, or a tube preamp-->tube poweramp setup, they never used cranks
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal