ok i have a 2002 epiphone les paul plus top that i want to put a plain old bigsby on. not the bigsby with the huge tail peice that goes down to the strap button. so first. do i need a locking nut for a bigsby. 2nd. do i need to gind some specific sized one for my particular model les paul. and 3rd. can this installation be done with out some gastly holes being left where the tune-o-matic tail piece currently is? thanks for the help and please dont flame me! i used the search bar and nothing came close to this.
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
I think you mean the B5, which I don't think you can use on a carved-top LP.

But to answer your questions,

1: No, a locking nut is ONLY for bridges that have fine tuners

2: For a Les Paul, you need a B7/70/700 Bigsby

3: The hole for the TOM and stopbar will still be there, unless you pull the studs/bushings, dowel the holes, then refinish.

Alternatively, Stetsbar makes one that fits on the TOM bushings.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
I think you mean the B5, which I don't think you can use on a carved-top LP.

But to answer your questions,

1: No, a locking nut is ONLY for bridges that have fine tuners

2: For a Les Paul, you need a B7/70/700 Bigsby

3: The hole for the TOM and stopbar will still be there, unless you pull the studs/bushings, dowel the holes, then refinish.

Alternatively, Stetsbar makes one that fits on the TOM bushings.

thanks =D
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
I thought you kept the TOM bridge on for a bigsby and just got rid of the stopbar? And I believe you can leave the stop bar bushings in so they wont exactly be unsightly holes. If you get the version that goes to the strap button it will cover them up anyways.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by AgresiveNapkins
I thought you kept the TOM bridge on for a bigsby and just got rid of the stopbar? And I believe you can leave the stop bar bushings in so they wont exactly be unsightly holes. If you get the version that goes to the strap button it will cover them up anyways.

+1

Ive been wanting to buy/make an lp with a bigsby for a while now too. good luck!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by AgresiveNapkins

You can, but they tend to bind and break strings if they're not rollers.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.