As a few of my new mates from the college play mainly metal i wanna proceed in a metal driven direction and looking for songs not too taxing (pleas no Enter Sandman i despise it as much as i love Metallica soo much, i refuse to learn it xD).And also to give me a better idea

Heres a load i learned in my little journey through bass (none of them extremely taxing songs LOL)and the fact i went in an NFG/Green Dayish direction.

Fuer Frei-Rammstein
Du Hast-Rammstein
Links1,2,3,4-Rammstein
Whiplash-Metallica
Kill the King-Megadeth

Also what LOG songs are easy for somone with not too great skills and are relatively simple lines cause Black label's a bit of a bitch xD.

Also this should help a little i like bands like Slayer,LOG,Trivium,Testament,Exodus,Rammstein,Megadeth,Metallica,Pantera.

Also if posting reccomendations a link to the tab would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers-Raz.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Tool, dream theater, Megadeth, Cannibal corpse are really fun to play
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Give Walk With Me in Hell a try. It's not overtly easy, but not overtly hard, and if you don't push yourself, you won't improve. Black Label shouldn't be giving you too much trouble though, it's not the most strenuous of basslines.

true ,Black label's just a little annoying with the pulloffs just can be a little annoying for me since never really used the technique but Practice should ake perfect on that LOL but i'll have a look at Walk with me in hell cause i love Sacrament to death even though New American Gospel is my personal fav.

and i highly doubt i could play any of Websters or Myungs basslines with my skill or maybe i just dont have the courage to try them xD.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
learn stuff by Braindrill, youll get good REALLLLL fast
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
it seems your into Rammstein...

learn Sonne. thats heavy and fun and easy. Also try Rosenrot or Mann Gegen Mann.
Quote by Steve08
Walk by Pantera is a pretty classic one and isn't hard at all, either with your fingers or a pick. Tuned to D standard, I believe?

one song i forgot about....LOL

Also tempted to learn beast and the harlot

so right now im learning Walk with me in hell,Walk,Black Label,Beast and the harlot.xD
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Quote by Razgriz_101

and i highly doubt i could play any of Websters or Myungs basslines with my skill or maybe i just dont have the courage to try them xD.

Well true, Websters basslines speed is pain in butthole, but some earlier Myung basslines are quite easy, check "fortune in lies" quite easy and very fun to play.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
you could try some tarot, as an added bonus for me, i love marco hietala's bass tone
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Captain Insano
Seemann - Rammstein

That song is ballin.

This. Pick it banjo style.

As for Myung basslines, I found that Constant Motion is a start, just break it down into bits that you can manage.
hallowed be thy name - iron maiden
iron maiden - iron maiden
the trooper - iron maiden
orion - metallica
for whom the bell tolls - metallica
my friend of misery - metallica
hangar 18 - megadeth
symphony of destruction - megadeth
peace sells- megadeth
down from the sky - trivium
dying in your arms - trivium
torn between scylla and charibdis - trivium

theyre some fun basslines right there, the trooper and orion MAY be a little difficult but im sure youre up for the challenge

EDIT: added some trivium after rereading OP
Last edited by TexMex at Sep 6, 2009,
few really awesome reccomendations even tho FWTBT's is a little annoying on my Thunderbird at the start but we could always alter our arrangements when were all jamming xD

But thanks to everyone theres a few songs i never would have really thought about purely cause i always forget a load of bands ROFL
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Black Magic by Slayer is quite easy, and Domination by Pantera is great fun to play, whilst being quite interesting and a great song; if you struggle learning the backing to the solo (or are just lazy like me) then improv using the same notes, sounds good as long as you stay in time.
On Emma Watson:

Quote by rabidguitarist
You should call her a filthy mudblood while you're fucking her.
Quote by Hammerzeit
This. Pick it banjo style.

As for Myung basslines, I found that Constant Motion is a start, just break it down into bits that you can manage.

the seemann idea has realy caught my attention.Also a little bit of a necrobump and offtopic but can you use guitar distortion/overdrive on bass cause its much easier for me to get my hands on one as my friends got a Boss pedal kicking around aswell as some Digitech Death metal thing dunno how they would go on a bass.

But would it work is more to the question i know that Cliff used a guitar wah, but im not sure bout his disto.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) is pretty fun, and not massively hard. It's a different skill set you're using, more like a guitar solo than a bassline, but neither and both.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Learn some Killswitch Engage basslines, they're bordering on that not-too-complex-yet-still-don't-bore-you-silly area you're looking for.

Specifically, Vide Infra, My Curse, Breathe Life.

Oh, you could also look at some other bands like, I Killed The Prom Queen (Say Goodbye), Parkway Drive (Sirens' Song, Romance is Dead).

I'm really showing a diverse taste in metal here ¬_¬
just a q do guitar disto's work on a bass? and if so do they sound the part lol.Gonna ook at a few bass lines reccomended at college right now with a massive cold and i got 2 more hours :'(
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Quote by Razgriz_101
just a q do guitar disto's work on a bass? and if so do they sound the part lol.Gonna ook at a few bass lines reccomended at college right now with a massive cold and i got 2 more hours :'(

In theory they do but they won't sound anywhere near as good.

As for Cliff Burton's effects:

* Chrome Tel-Ray Morley Power Wah Fuzz
* Electro-Harmonix Big Muff.
* Ibanez Tubescreamer-808
* Boss CS-2 Compressor
Quote by Hammerzeit

* Boss CS-2 Compressor

can get a hold of one of those easily friends selling one think Big Muff Pi is the same dunno if it gets me a distorted sound for £20ish was what he was wanting, with a tube screamer the only one i seen was a boutique but surely 1 would be enough for a start in a more metal driven direction. xD, for a wah im looking at a Crybaby bass wah when my student loan comes through seen one in a local music shop even tho i could get it cheaper elsewhere.

as long as i have 1 disto and 1 wah i should be fine for metallica style stuff and be able to cut songs like Rammstein, in theory its a start towards a more metal driven sound i have my amp dialed in ok-ish and i chop n change the amount of treble a lot the bass is usually up around 3/4ish.Just want more boom if you know what i mean xd.

Wish i was out of college sooner, and that my student loan would get here so i could get a couple of pedals ROFL.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
I'm a fan of some of the bands you listed. Here are some songs I've had some luck with:
Trivium - Tread the Floods
Testament - Electric Crown
Pantera - Walk (I know it's been said. I'm also a fan of Domination)
Rammstein - Engel
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Quote by Mephysteaux
I'm a fan of some of the bands you listed. Here are some songs I've had some luck with:
Trivium - Tread the Floods
Testament - Electric Crown
Pantera - Walk (I know it's been said. I'm also a fan of Domination)
Rammstein - Engel

Domination has a good bassline. Loads of Groove. Rex is the man! Cowboys from Hell is fun too.
Quote by Hammerzeit

* Boss CS-2 Compressor

I'm sure cliff used a crybaby, not the morley.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by gilly_90

* Boss CS-2 Compressor

I'm sure cliff used a crybaby, not the morley.

Take it up with wikipedia not me. That's where I found that list. I thought he always used a morley anyway.
Quote by Hammerzeit
Take it up with wikipedia not me. That's where I found that list. I thought he always used a morley anyway.

whichever one he used, the morley would be better
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
learn stuff by Braindrill, youll get good REALLLLL fast

Pft, Brain Drill? That's beginner stuff. Try some Viraemia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVyk_TObCo

/kidding

I'd also like to reccomend some Death basslines (not Human or Individual Thought Patterns, though). Stuff like Crystal Mountain, Pull the Plug, and Spirit Crusher are awesome and not too hard.
Omerta by Lamb of God is particularly easy(especially compared to some of LOG's other bass lines).
Hi.
Quote by CurbstompBass
Pft, Brain Drill? That's beginner stuff. Try some Viraemia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVyk_TObCo

/kidding

I'd also like to reccomend some Death basslines (not Human or Individual Thought Patterns, though). Stuff like Crystal Mountain, Pull the Plug, and Spirit Crusher are awesome and not too hard.

xD ohhhhhh Viraemia....Scott Plumber and his 10 string bass tuned all wierd and ****.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Our Truth by Lacuna Coil is a fun song to play, if you got a good distortion pedal.

There's a Bass solo and everything. Nothing too hard involved.
Signatures Are Stupid