So after almost a year of toying with the guitar i decided that my next goal would be to learn how to transcribe basic music sheets for guitar playing. I'm not talking about hard classical pieces or something like that. In fact its about church hymns which id just love to solo on the guitar. So far i have basic theory understanding about scales, chords, intervals and i can read music on the sheet fairly easy. I tried a bit to transcribe but so far with no luck. My "works" just dont have any life in them So if you'd have any tips or recommend some internet resources, software (whatever) that could help me i'd be very glad...

Thanks and keep practicing!
i suggest you buy a book of church hymms and practice re-writing the music
using good quality paper and pens .
there is software that can help you transcribe , slow gold is the name of one program.
but ultimately a good teacher can set you a 6 - 10 week course on transcribing .
that will be the best way for you to improve.

your welcome , and i will !
ibanez, could you send a link to this thing?
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I didnt explain my self clearly. I have a book with sheets of church music. But as it is its not much use for playing with guitar. It sound dull. I want to learn how to harmonize in order to sound good on the guitar. Can any software do that or do i have to learn it the "hard" way?
Quote by OvidiuDanut
I didnt explain my self clearly. I have a book with sheets of church music. But as it is its not much use for playing with guitar. It sound dull. I want to learn how to harmonize in order to sound good on the guitar. Can any software do that or do i have to learn it the "hard" way?

Define good.

Most "church music" (I assume you mean hymns) uses four part harmony, which I would say sounds good.
Quote by isaac_bandits
Define good.

Most "church music" (I assume you mean hymns) uses four part harmony, which I would say sounds good.

Yes but on the guitar one cant use the four part standard harmony. That's for the piano to use...
Quote by OvidiuDanut
Yes but on the guitar one cant use the four part standard harmony. That's for the piano to use...

You might have to do some transposing to fit the range, but it's possible. We have six strings, that's more than enough for the four voices used.