hello everyone just a little question here.

I started playing together with two other guys (another guitar and a bass player). We are all playing for about a year now (taking it seriously though) and we want to practise playing together.

We find it difficult to find easy songs with two guitar parts (we are in fact playing wish you were here by Pink Floyd and not doing to bad really).

Do you have any suggestions for songs which will work out for us? We mostly like classical hard rock and indie/ britpop (quite the combination, I know)

thanks a lot!
its not exactly the genre your looking at but metallica is pretty easy for 2 guitar parts
Quote by pwrmax
AC/DC, a lot of Zeppelin has 2 guitar tracks layered.

TtttHhhhIiiiSsss
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
If you wanted to do some harmonies then you could look at Thin Lizzy or Iron Maiden, among others.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
it probably does, but since we have no experience at all, we would appreciate a little help

thanks everyone btw

any beatles songs you can recommend btw?
Quote by RokkGuitarist50
you can make a two part out of mostly any song.

it just takes inventive thinking..

One good way to experiment with this is to have one guitarist improvise the chord progression using triads in a certain position on the neck (i.e around the 10th position, using the D, G and B strings), while the other plays the open chord progression. Then trade places, and use a different position on the neck (i.e A, D and G strings around the 12th position).

Varying the strum patterns slightly can sound good as well.
Quote by Bartez
any beatles songs you can recommend btw?

Helter Skelter
You don't have to play exactly the same as the song itself, you could put your own take on it.

Put in some improvisation why the other plays the actual guitar.

Both play the part... play same but different octaves?

Just anything dudde! Explore with it.
You Are Reading A True Guitarists Signature. Stop Thinking I'm Not You Know I Am.

Quote by imdeth
Eblast over her face and tell her you need your privacy.