I'm currently using a Peavey Raptor Plus. Now that I'm starting to suck less I want to start upgrading my equipment to some mid-range gear.

I'm currently looking at a used 2004 Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe with some Seymour Duncan pickups. I took it into a guitar tech to have it checked out and everything checks out on it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has a 3-way toggle switch. I really like the idea of a 5-way switch (or push/pull knob) that splits the coil. I will mostly play metal, but I'd also like to do a coil split for a smoother (not as thick) sound when playing some bluesy/jazzy stuff.

Is it possible to install these after-the-fact , also, is it worth it?

And is it worth it? Do you have a coil split/tap on your setup and do you use it? Is it worth holding out for?

The actual guitar I'm looking at matches the same specs as this one:

http://www.activemusician.com/item--FG.RVLD06-BLK?ref=fg&ovchn=SCU&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=&ovcrn=Fernandes+Ravelle+Deluxe+Electric+Guitar+-+Black
I think it shouldn't be that hard, or expensive/

Id say about $50-$60, maybe less.

It would be worth it though, the JB/Jazz set is great but being able to coil-tap those would be amazing.

It shouldn't require any extra routing or anything, so it shouldn't be a massive project. You could probably do it yourself and save a lot of money.