YouTuibe guitarists have literally thousands of guitars, like high end Ibanez's and stuff, but then play all their covers through like some crappy MG or Spider 3.

It really annoys me, I dunno why, :/

Just clearing my head lol

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Nah, its their loss.

EDIT: They probably have another amp for gigging, it's just that it's too loud for recording.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Sep 6, 2009,
If they have that many nice guitars, and they are playing through a cheap amp... They are likely sponsored lol.
Been watching this shredder Trivium/BFMV obsessed guy, he has Matt Heafys Custom Dean, Jackson RR24, a nice Agile 7 String and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, all played through a Line 6 Spider 3 D:

He even put EMGs in the Epiphone, how bad can you get? What a waste of money for the EMG's.

I weep for these people.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I got a schecter hellraiser c1 fr through an mg.... but i also have a sansamp tube emulator, so i have a better tone
Guitars
Paul Reed Smith: Mike Mushok Baritone w/BKP Juggernaut's
Ibanez: RG321MH

Alvarez: MD-60C
Amp
Randall RM100C
Stock BlackFace Module
Modded 2004 XTC 101B Module
Stock Treadplate Module
Quote by Lil Macker
Nah, its their loss.

EDIT: They probably have another amp for gigging, it's just that it's too loud for recording.

+1

thats what i have to do.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
I think its gay to make videos of yourself playing just to post on you tube....that's too self promoting...no wonder guitarists have the reputation for being egotistical bastards hahaha!!!
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
I think it's gay to think something is gay for no apparent reason. People post them because others do appreciate musicianship and sometimes would like to see a closeup of someone playing the song to see how it's done.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
THIS

He is one of the best sweepers i've ever seen, playing an ESP through a spider

Playing Wintersun = major win.
Why does it bother you? Most people watch those videos to either help them learn a song, or to just see another player playing a song that they can't, or to see how another player plays the same song, not to listen to it with amazing tone. Besides, no videos are going to sound great with the ridiculous YouTube compression and through Java.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by eXperiment63
I think it's gay to think something is gay for no apparent reason. People post them because others do appreciate musicianship and sometimes would like to see a closeup of someone playing the song to see how it's done.

I understand what your saying bro trust me....I'm talking more about the people that get on their and shred just so people will comment that their good.....I appreciate musicianship as much as the next guy but you know there's so many vids out there of just pointless noddleing cause some people need their ego boosted

Just like ***s that go to guitar center on saturdays and never buy anything but just sit there and play guitar for hours just to see if people walking by look at them....that kind of stuff is just pointless
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Because not everybody needs a tube amp.
Besides, if you can play good nobody cares what amp you're playing through
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
THIS

He is one of the best sweepers i've ever seen, playing an ESP through a spider

The only thing that that proved was that the amp means nothing. That video has 135,004 views. That's a lot more than what most of us will ever get for just playing guitar. No one complained about anything, the just left good and positive comments. He has an average 5-star rating. He probably plays the ESP because it's the best guitar for him to play. He's playing and he's playing well, that's the point of a good guitar. People on UG seem to put too much emphasis on the amp as guitar players.
Guitarists who just cover stuff and dont write anything piss me off.

And tone is important, you could be the best player in the world, but if you had crap tone which destroyed eardrums, noone would listen to you D:

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Guitarists who just cover stuff and dont write anything piss me off.

And tone is important, you could be the best player in the world, but if you had crap tone which destroyed eardrums, noone would listen to you D:

Too bad there is no tone like that...

90% of any audience won't give a flying **** what amp or what tone you have, as long as it sounds relatively close to music. It's statements like this that make me think that the "amp b4 guitar" bandwagon is out of hand.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
YouTuibe guitarists have literally thousands of guitars, like high end Ibanez's and stuff, but then play all their covers through like some crappy MG or Spider 3.

doesn't really ANNOY me exactly, i mean its not me lol. But I do usually leave a comment saying his/her guitar is likely being bottlenecked by the amp.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Quote by rdobson2
I understand what your saying bro trust me....I'm talking more about the people that get on their and shred just so people will comment that their good.....I appreciate musicianship as much as the next guy but you know there's so many vids out there of just pointless noddleing cause some people need their ego boosted

Just like ***s that go to guitar center on saturdays and never buy anything but just sit there and play guitar for hours just to see if people walking by look at them....that kind of stuff is just pointless

I don't think people really put them up to say "OMG L00k at me IM so AMAZING L0lz, I'm BETTER THAN U!" (At least, most people don't)

They just do it for fun and maybe want some feedback on their playing, and I see nothing wrong with that

PS - There is a difference between "their, there, and they're"

EDIT
And ever think that those "****s" maybe just like playing nice guitars but can't really afford to buy a store-full of them? Sure, some of them are assholes, but I think it's unfair to say all of them are: most people just go to play for themselves

EDIT EDIT
But yeah, that does annoy me
It seems like a waste of a great guitar to be put through a crap amp
But heck, if it sounds good to them, then whatever, I guess, to each his own (as long they're good guitarists, I don't really get that annoyed)
Last edited by The Horror! at Sep 6, 2009,
i actually used to go to GC all the time to just play guitars i didnt intend to buy. like The Horror! said, i just wanted to play some nice guitars.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Quote by EndTheRapture51

That pisses me off so much. I saw this one user who had a $2000 Jackson Kelly and uses a Spider 3 and he said he uses it because he can't afford the amp he wanted and yet he can afford a $2000 guitar.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by gebgebgeb
i actually used to go to GC all the time to just play guitars i didnt intend to buy. like The Horror! said, i just wanted to play some nice guitars.

that`s what annoys me, and stops me from making a purchase knowing that some acne ridden 14 year old has had his grubby mitts on a guitar i intend to buy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

then why did people listen to dimebag? why do people listen to the ramones? why do people listen to early nirvana albums? i could go on and on with people with bad tone that people listened too.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I think I seen someone play a £800 Fender Strat through a 10 watt Squire amp, now that's bad lol
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Been watching this shredder Trivium/BFMV obsessed guy, he has Matt Heafys Custom Dean, Jackson RR24, a nice Agile 7 String and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, all played through a Line 6 Spider 3 D:

He even put EMGs in the Epiphone, how bad can you get? What a waste of money for the EMG's.

I weep for these people.

Lol, I know who you on about, he has a sofa in his room as well!