I recently bought some bose around ear headphones for recording. And looking at some reviews it seems many people say they boost low frequencies too much. Are they really that bad and is it worth returning them .( to people who have experiance with these headphones.)
Well... You'll end up with bass-light mixes, but there are better things to spend your money on. Monitors for example. What headphones were they?
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by Union Of V
Well... You'll end up with bass-light mixes, but there are better things to spend your money on. Monitors for example. What headphones were they?

+1 if your looking to mix youll want a good pair of monitors instead. headphones should be more for listening pleasure,tracking instruments, and just another sound source.
Quote by ESP Axes Man
well whats a good pair of cheap monitors

well i use krk rokit 5's, 300$ for a pair. they work for me and they have tons of good reviews. anythign cheaper than that i dont think will work that well. this is the only one where ive seen that has had decent results.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Edirol-MA15DBK-Digital-Stereo-Micro-Monitor?sku=600093

EDIT: decent REVIEWS****
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by ESP Axes Man
I recently bought some bose around ear headphones for recording. And looking at some reviews it seems many people say they boost low frequencies too much. Are they really that bad and is it worth returning them .( to people who have experiance with these headphones.)

yea Bose really does boost the low end quite a bit.
If you want to mix songs you really should do it on a set of studio monitors instead. KRK makes a few low end units which work very well.
Quote by MetalBass 77
well i use krk rokit 5's, 300$ for a pair. they work for me and they have tons of good reviews. anythign cheaper than that i dont think will work that well. this is the only one where ive seen that has had decent results.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Edirol-MA15DBK-Digital-Stereo-Micro-Monitor?sku=600093

Spot on. Don't settle for less than the Rokit range, you'll be kicking yourself afterwards if you do. If you don't have the money than don't bother buying any headphones or monitors until you can afford them.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
k, but the headhphones will work for small prjects right. I mean, im not trying to build anything crazy, just ideas and some basic songs.
Quote by ESP Axes Man
k, but the headhphones will work for small prjects right. I mean, im not trying to build anything crazy, just ideas and some basic songs.

yea for small projects if you have computer speakers just use those, or if you want the head phones for listening pleasure get them. DO NOT get headphones just for mixing. if your gonna listen to music with them and just happen to mix with them thats fine, but dont get headphones that are made for mixing, im pretty sure they dont exist
Quote by Union Of V
Spot on. Don't settle for less than the Rokit range, you'll be kicking yourself afterwards if you do. If you don't have the money than don't bother buying any headphones or monitors until you can afford them.

One exception being the M-Audio Studiophile 40s - they really are damn good for monitoring on a budget.
Quote by kyle62
One exception being the M-Audio Studiophile 40s - they really are damn good for monitoring on a budget.

i heard that they have scooped mids and harsh hi end or is that the studiophile 20s
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL