Hey guys, I'm a little new around here, so let me know if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm about to order an Ibanez ART100, because I love the look and feel of it, but I know that I'll end up wanting a pickup swap, so I figured I'd order those at the same time. I'm looking for a level and smooth high-gain sound in the neck, something I can play groove-heavy rock lead with, such as Andy Timmons, Frampton, EJ, Satch, etc. with, and something similar in the bridge but with enough bite to handle rhythm competently.

Any opinions, or better advice? Thanks in advance, everyone.
From now on, every time some *** at the bar yells "FREEBIRD!", we're gonna play it. Every single time. It's like forcing your kid to smoke a carton of cigarettes because you caught him smoking... eventually, they'll decide this was a stupid idea.
the pickups of the art100 are actually pretty good for high-gain.
i don't recommend them to get changed.
What is your budget? It's a $300 guitar, so I can imagine your budget is limited when it comes to pick ups.

For a $300 guitar the pick ups might be decent and you might need to spend $150-$200 for some awesome pick ups.
isnt the art100 already fitted with active pickups.. or is that just the newer art120
but either way they'll be definately suitable for the job especially as replacing them for better pickups will cost 80% of the price of the guitar
Actually, my budget isn't that limited at all, I just really, really liked the style of the art100. The single diamond inlay, the classy overall vibe, and the fact that I got a more than decent tone plugging the one I tried out at Guitar Center into a Valveking combo, which makes me think that it has the potential to be a beast when properly modded out and put through my home rig.

If you have a recommendation, please, make it. Price is a minor object; I'll pay what needs to be paid, if it will get me where I want to be.
From now on, every time some *** at the bar yells "FREEBIRD!", we're gonna play it. Every single time. It's like forcing your kid to smoke a carton of cigarettes because you caught him smoking... eventually, they'll decide this was a stupid idea.
Quote by superfish1232
isnt the art100 already fitted with active pickups.. or is that just the newer art120
but either way they'll be definately suitable for the job especially as replacing them for better pickups will cost 80% of the price of the guitar

I think its the ART300 that has active pickups.