Hi there chaps...

I'm having some playability issues with my SG. It confuses the **** out of me really, maybe you can help? The neck/truss rod is/has been adjusted and it's perfect and I adjusted the bridge (tune-o-matic) to fix the string height/action accordingly. Now here's the thing, it has really nice low action but for some reason it's still murder on my fingers. Fretting notes feels like it takes more effort then it should now. I try doing bends and pull offs and it f u c k i n g feels like i have to be the bloody Increadble f uc k i n g Hulk just to do it. Even sliding into notes is a bloody pain in my @ss. Then after about the 12 frets notes start choking out. I had left it in the shop for a week because I had some new pick ups installed in her (dual P 90S) and some tone pots changed and the bloke said he didn't touch anything besides the electronics, now shes all f u c ked over.....

Maybe it's the string guage? I have 10s on her but 10s arn't that difficult to play are they?

Pleas UG is there anything I overlooked? What should I do?
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Last edited by Phil Collins at Sep 6, 2009,
they arent, but maybe your fingers are just pussies. Just play until your fingers are cool with the guitar.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Quote by aiur55
they arent, but maybe your fingers are just pussies. Just play until your fingers are cool with the guitar.

But I've been playing for a long time and I've had this guitar for a while. I've never had playabilty issues like this until now..
--Gear--

Are sure it's not you? Try out another guitar with similar action.

Also, most people remove strings and put new ones on when replacing pickups. Are you sure he didn't put 12s on there or something? Believe it or not, the difference between 10s and 12s is VERY noticeable playing-wise, but not so noticeable visually.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Hey man how was the truss rod before you had it fixed? And which sg is it? I'm asking because mine has a truss rod problem that it's not bending correctly and the guy at the shop couldn't fix it. How would I go about with that?

Best of luck man
Quote by fuzzface
Hey man how was the truss rod before you had it fixed? And which sg is it? I'm asking because mine has a truss rod problem that it's not bending correctly and the guy at the shop couldn't fix it. How would I go about with that?

Best of luck man

It's 61 gibson reissue. Before I sent it in the neck was/is fine. Nothing was altered to the neck bridge at all. It just had some electronic work done to it.

I've never touched the truss and kept the same guage strings on it always (10s) so it's not really an issue of action.

Make sure that your truss wasn't over tightened, because some times shops set them back WAY too far during set ups...
--Gear--

Last edited by Phil Collins at Sep 6, 2009,