I've tried it, its pretty fun.

I live about 3 hours from the nearest beach, San Diego beach, so if I get to go its pretty rare.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I crowdsurf.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Meh, if I lived closer to the beach I would, but seeing as I'm inland, I snowboard. A lot.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I do like every boardsport imagineable. I've only surfed a little, though. But I snowboard, skateboard skimboard all the time. I even took a piece of plywood and surfed down an ice-covered hill once. It was fun because it was impossible to steer.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by tancanada
When there are hurricanes here, I do.

haha i feel you on this one. miami waves kinda suck. luckily there's about 5 good surf spots within four hours of here up the coast. Oh, and to answer the other person's question up there, i mean in the ocean.
Quote by valennic
I've tried it, its pretty fun.

I live about 3 hours from the nearest beach, San Diego beach, so if I get to go its pretty rare.

Aren't you closer to LA than San Diego?
LARGE TEXT
Jack Johnson is my favorite surfer.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Yep, there is a nice break about 400m from me right now. I haven't been in a week or so though.
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Meh, if I lived closer to the beach I would, but seeing as I'm inland, I snowboard. A lot.

all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
ohhh man i havent seen a decent swell for about two months. florida is pretty epically flat right now.
I go to Cornwall for 2 weeks every year to do it. I absolutely love it. Too scared to go to somewhere with huge waves though since everyone seems to be too good at it there and I may get laughed at by the natives.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
i got into it when i first got to japan, but the surf around tokyo is pretty horrible and its too inconvient to travel to okinawa all the time so ive put the hobby on hold.
Quote by Dannystrumpop
I go to Cornwall for 2 weeks every year to do it. I absolutely love it. Too scared to go to somewhere with huge waves though since everyone seems to be too good at it there and I may get laughed at by the natives.

thats a terrible excuse to miss out on great surf! that being said, 10 foot swells kinda scare the **** outta me....
I live in Australia, and thankfully I like half an hour away from two of the best swells in Australia, watigos and the pass. It's barreling at the moment, and 5 ft. I ride a performance board.
a little lost.....
damn...sounds like some damn good times. im lucky if there's chesthigh here.. (i usually rock a 7'6 funboard, btw)
I do windsurfing when the weather's good and there's a steady wind blowing.
Still a novice, but I'm getting better
bodyboard xx
The THC is like: "Yo what up dawg?"
and the body is like: "Ummm, who da hell are you?" Then the THC comes back again, the body is like, "Oh ****! Its dat super friendly guy, I should let him into my apartment!"