I got bored this weekend and decided to make my own Pick guard. I found a 1/4" thick piece of pine(?) and rough cut it into a triangular shape. From there I took 60 grit sand paper and sanded out all the curves and such until it was in about the same shape as the standard LP pick guard. When I first tried putting it on, the little nub by the neck pickup broke off when I screwed it in. So I just sanded it flat and got everything snug and fitting. Then I stained it with Minwax Dark Walnut stain that I had lying around along with a thin coat of poly. Here's the finished product:

Anyways, what is your opinion on it?
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
shiney guitar
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
reasonably well done but couldnt you have got some nicer wood?

^agreed
I just used what i had lying around in my garage. Trust me if I had a piece of rosewood I would have definitely used it.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
It's just a normal ebony finish. I just cleaned it before i took that picture so that explains why it is very shiny. No chrome or anything.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
very nice! i've been thinking about trying the same thing, but i can't decide what wood i'd like it to be made of.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
The pick guard looks pretty good, but like they said the wood doesn't look too great. Plus I feel like if you were going to put a pickguard on a guitar like that (which is very nice by the way) I think the only option would be a silver one.
There be no shelter here.
Quote by Luxifer
whats the switch by the rhythm volume knob for?

When I was stupid and didn't feel like buying push pull pots I put that in for a coil tap. Right now its just a phase switch for the bridge pickup and I have a push pull for coil taps.

Quote by Courtkid1012
The pick guard looks pretty good, but like they said the wood doesn't look too great. Plus I feel like if you were going to put a pickguard on a guitar like that (which is very nice by the way) I think the only option would be a silver one.

Well that's half the reason why I had to make this one. I had some silver spray paint lying around and I tried to spray my old plastic pick guard with it. But the can was old/out and it basically just pooped silver specks out on to it. It actually matches the fretboard somewhat well and I sanded the back of my neck and stained it the same color. So if you look at the whole guitar, it ties in well.

I'm debating trying to make matching pickup rings. But the thing is I don't have a router or any real proper tools to make them. Would it be worth the trouble?
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT