1.The Excorsist- I am a huge horror movie fan and loved this film
2. The Big lebowski-Very funny in a different way
3.This is Spinal tap-also very funny in a different way

Honorable mention
1.Nightmare on Elm St
2.Forest Gump
3. I love you man

How about you?
1. Fight Club - It was so different from anything I'd ever seen. I immediately wanted to go and rewrite the soundtrack. This movie was everything I thought inside and never said out loud. It's a classic.
2. Pineapple Express - I still do the robot when I start to cough.
3. Catch Me If You Can - I NEEDED to know what happened to this guy. This movie was fantastic. I'm not sure who directed it, but the small details are fabulous.

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Quote by musicjunkie207
1. Fight Club - It was so different from anything I'd ever seen. I immediately wanted to go and rewrite the soundtrack. This movie was everything I thought inside and never said out loud. It's a classic.
3. Catch Me If You Can - I NEEDED to know what happened to this guy. This movie was fantastic. I'm not sure who directed it, but the small details are fabulous.

wasn't that spielberg
which could explain the small details part you loved
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by The Horror!
28 Dicks Later
Shaving Ryan's Privates
A Clockwork Orgy

Fixed.

Quote by musicjunkie207

We gonna rock some to electric avenue
My favourite movie, seen it 10 times at least.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Last edited by LordPino at Sep 6, 2009,
Back To The Future Trilogy - Legendary, awesome, perfect.
Shaun of the Dead - I love zombie movies, and comedies.
A Clockwork Orange - Disturbing and philisophical.
Blues Brothers - because it is hilarious, has a great soundtrack, and the best car chase ever.
Clerks - because of Randall
Clueless - I'm not really sure why. I just like it.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Pulp Fiction
Clerks 2
Tenacious D Pick of Destiny
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Inglourious Basterds - Just, amazing
Clerks - funniest movie ever
Anchorman - 2nd funniest movie ever
Inglorious basterds - Saw it recently and it's stuck in the memory. It's perfect for me as it's in the 3 languages I speak. The Jew Hunter is one of the best characters ever.

Shawshank Redemption - Cliched (sorry no accent!) I know but I really enjoy it every time i see it. It Just fascinates me.

The Wave (Die Welle) - A german film and it's my favourite. It's brilliantly done and has such a great message.
1. Hard Candy Ellen Page is awesome, Patrick Wilson is awesome, Sandrah Oh is awesome, the whole damn film is awesome.

2. Ken Park Fucking disturbing as hell, but the cast is amazing and the film as a whole is beautiful.

3. Requiem for a Dream Brilliant acting, script, plot, and the little 'hip-hop montages' or whatever they're called are stunning.
1. LOTR series, (If I can't have the whole series I choose Return of the king)
Just for sheer size brilliance and epicness, the scale of the movie,the brilliant acting its just a brilliant film.
2. Fight-club
First watched it before I ever heard of it on the internet and loved it ever since, Clever,funny, immersive.Just a perfect film.
3.Inglorious basterd
Dark humour, great acting, briliantly cast. The sound track was fantastic and The moments where you go "am I meant to laugh or not?"
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
1: The Empire Strikes Back.

Greatest plot twist of all time. Not to mention to badassery of Yoda and AT-AT walkers.

2: American History X

Ed Norton is the man. The story is absolutely wonderful and chilling at the same time. AND it introduced us to curb stomping.

3. Ocean's Eleven

Basicly it's the cool factor. Everyone in the movie is cool (even Matt Damon manages to be cool). And well the montage where they show how they pulled the heist is epic.

Honorable mentions:
Capricorn One
Boondock Saints
Goodfellas
Wayne's World: I've about memorized the script. In my opinion the greatest movie ever. It's just so damned fantastic.

V for Vendetta: A great movie on a fantastic graphic novel. I love everything this movie stands for.

Superbad: True in so many ways. Another one of the "I can recite every line" movies.
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
Fight Club: All around amazing movie, the plot twist just kills you the first time. You also notice alot more stuff the second time around

Blow: Incredible true story, Johnny Depp is a genius

Inglourious Basterds: instant classic
1. Lord of War

I love the dialogues, the drama and the fact that this probably happens all over the world. The acting too, is brilliant.

2. Requiem for a Dream/The Fountain

I can't decide between the two. They're both made by Arnofsky and scored by Mansell, that makes them amazing anyways. On top of that, they're very emotionally charged. I remember feeling insanely helpless the first time i saw Requiem for a Dream, and the Fountain made me tear up at parts. The actors execute it brilliantly too.

3. Shawshank Redemption

Brilliant storyline. Words cannot do justice to how good this is.

Honorable mentions: Good Will Hunting, Scent of a Woman, all of Stanley Kubrick's movies.
1. apocolapyse now, looks amazing, stroies amazing, shows madness of war

2. pulp fiction - qt at his best

3. dead mans shoes - great acting from paddy constadine and toby kebbell, deeply affecting film, twist is serious
1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou - because Wes Anderson is fucking brilliant.

2. The Darjeeling Limited - because Wes Anderson is fucking brilliant.

3. Rushmore - because Wes Anderson is fucking brilliant.

Honorable mention: The Royal Tenenbaums - because Wes Anderson is fucking brilliant.
kill all humans
It's hard to choose three, because there's the movies that I think are the best at giving me entertainment, and then there's those that i think are the best at making me think, and then there are those that I think have the best stories in general. So:
Comedy - Kung Pow
'Wow, my mind is blown' - A Clockwork Orange
Generally Awesome - Forrest Gump
1. Forrest Gump~ I laughed,I cried. Great acting,music and story

2. Ed Wood- Brilliant acting from Johnny Depp. Based on the life of one of my personal heroes

3. Saving Private Ryan-Haunting
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Fight Club - Great movie. All around awesome. Action, awesome acting, a movie philosophy that makes you think... You name it. Edit: Also, Pixies.
The Matrix - About the same, only more action and less thinking. Speaks directly to that Paranoid part of me.
The Wall - Ditto, only less action and more thinking. Plus it's mother****in' Pink Floyd!
Last edited by jimmyled at Sep 6, 2009,
Cool Runnings - Jamaicans in a bobsled, theres nothing better.
Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood is awesome, I laughed when he beat the fat kid up.
School of Rock - People in bands are cool, I'm not cool
Quote by immy85
3. dead mans shoes - great acting from paddy constadine and toby kebbell, deeply affecting film, twist is serious

Great film.
Clockwork Orange-do I really need to explain?
Shelter-the rarest of rare, a gay themed film with a happy ending
Twilight-because it's a good story, and Rob Pattinson
blade runner- its beautiful
harold and maude - stylish and funny

then either
take the money and run- its woody allen
duck soup- its the marx bros
EDIT: or a wes anderson, hitchcock, coen bros
2ndEDIT: ghost in the shell, dig!, and cowboy bebop
3rdEDIT: how could i forget paper moon
4thEDIT: and toy story/ all other childhood films
Last edited by Ikey at Oct 20, 2009,
American Psycho - The best film adaptation of a novel. Great acting, great and appropriate scoring, and really captures the spirit of the novel's theme.

Amadeus - Highly creative interpretation of Mozart. Superb acting and cinematography. Everything is fitted seamlessly.

Terminator 2 - Great action story with a heart.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Victor Escobar
1. Forrest Gump~ I laughed,I cried. Great acting,music and story

2. Ed Wood- Brilliant acting from Johnny Depp. Based on the life of one of my personal heroes

3. Saving Private Ryan-Haunting

I was going to post Forrest Gump and Saving Private Ryan

on top of those, I suppose... Die Hard, it wrote the book of cliches for action movies, and is still the best one ever.

honorable mentions to Shaun of the Dead, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, and District 9
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
In no particular order:

1. Serenity - An amazing futuristic space story with western themes through out, great characters (In my opinion, Nathan Fillion's role as Mal was his best role yet), lots of great lines, lots of action, space zombies, and a ninja dude who makes people fall on his sword.

2. The Dark Knight - Need I say more?

3. The Departed - Great cast, great director, great story, great ending, great lines, and a great theme song ("I'm Shipping Up to Boston" - Dropkick Murphys).

I can watch all 3 of those movies over and over and never get sick of them. That's probably the main reason why they are my most favorite.
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
nb4 scarface

full metal jacket
fight club
AHX
forrest gump
LIFE (eddie murphey & martin Lawrence)

anything with edward norton in it is jizztastic
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

1. Vanilla Sky. The emotion is just so well portrayed. And such an amazing and unique story. GREAT music to top it all off... oh and Kurt Russel.

2. The Life Aquatic. First of all, Bill Murray. And second of all, it always immerses me every time I watch it. The world that the film creates is just great, and every scene to the next is quaint and mellow, but at the same time engaging.

3. This is a tough one, and I doubt I could fill this slot for sure. But I'm going with The Dark Knight. It was just SO well done, to the smallest detail. Flawless casting. The setting and mood, that of a 70's crime drama, also could not have been better. Perfect music in this one as well. I'd say any movie I really enjoy has great music. All that said, I doubt this would make my top 3 if it weren't for Ledger's performance. However that was only one part of a masterpiece.

Honorable mention:

The Village. SUCH good dialogue. Excellent mood. Another one with extremely good casting. William Hurt's best movie by far.

Life Is Beautiful. It's a rare occasion for such a bleak and terrible occurrence to be portrayed in such an uplifting light. Especially at the end, with such a tragic death, but still you're smiling.

It's A Wonderful Life. I'm a sucker for Christmas stories. A Christmas Carol is my favorite story of all time, and this one comes in close second. Unfortunately A Christmas Carol has not yet received a film adaptation that captures it's emotions. But It's A Wonderful Life fills in the gap quite well. SUCH a great ending!
We're only strays.
nobody mentions pirates of the Caribbean yet>
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Disney's Robin Hood Never gets old.
Police Academy: Another classic that always makes you laugh and never gets boring everytime I watch.
Shawshank Redeption: It's interesting. I don't know what I think makes it worth watching, I just think it is.
2001: A Space Odyssey ... Simply epic, perfectly constructed, and moves me every time I see it. From the first time I watched it at a young age, it profoundly effected me, and it still makes me think every time I see it.

Ikiru (To Live) ... "Schichinin no samurai" is a perfect movie and one of my favourites by Kurosawa, but Ikiru just feels so much more personal and poignant. Makes me think about what I have accomplished in my life; have I done anything meaningful with it? How will others remember me if I were to die today? This is a movie I will watch again and again, and it will just get more and more powerful as I grow older.

La Battaglia di Algeri (The Battle of Algiers) ... A top contender for best war movie ever made, even if its about a resistance movement rather than war per se. Amazingly realistic, it looks like a documentary news reel footage. It shows sympathy for the victims of both sides of the conflict while providing insights into the nature of war, occupation, and resistance, and all the applicable ethical / moral questions. Provides insight into all sorts of conflict, past and present, and is a must see for anyone interested in politics and international relations.

Glengarry Glen Ross ... Brilliantly written, filmed, and acted. "Death of a Salesman" doesn't have shit on this film.

Trainspotting ... Extremely stylish adaptation of Welsh's novel, I think this is Boyle's best film, even better than Slumdog Millionaire and 28 Days Later. One of the best movies about drug use ever made, and certainly the best movie that takes place in a Scotish setting that I've seen.

Hoop Dreams ... My favourite documentary of all time. The makers follow around two inner city kids with dreams of making it big for over four years, from the time they are discovered by scouts on the street and given scholarships to St. Josephs to the end of their school years. This movie is about so many things, not just basketball. I can't describe it in so few words. Things progress so perfectly, if this was a fictional film you would think it unbelievable and scoff at the cliches, but its all breathtakingly real. A powerful emotional film that offers a look at the challenges of inner city life and the path so many attempt to take in hopes of making the NBA. Watch it.

Jacob's Ladder ... The best psychological thriller ever. Some people have found some of the elements in the film cliche, but they are judging without taking a close enough look. The film is beautifully acted and filmed (gorgeous visual aesthetics in every scene), and all the plot devices used aren't applied for their own sake, to be 'cool' or 'tricky', but because they impart specific emotional and symoblic meanings. Whether you take in the film viscerally or cerebrally, this is an amazing watch. A film you will want to watch over and over again to take in the superabundance of symbolism and thematic elements and develop your personal interpretation of.

Sorry, waaaaaay too hard to pick just three. Also kind of messed up on opiates and other stuff atm, so sorry about the descriptions being badly written. Don't write off the above films just because I did a shite job of advocating them, they are all amazing and deserve a watch.

Quote by Hammerzeit
The Wave (Die Welle) - A german film and it's my favourite. It's brilliantly done and has such a great message.

I just saw that recently, was great.

Quote by kxy1992
In no particular order:

1. Serenity - An amazing futuristic space story with western themes through out, great characters (In my opinion, Nathan Fillion's role as Mal was his best role yet), lots of great lines, lots of action, space zombies, and a ninja dude who makes people fall on his sword.

2. The Dark Knight - Need I say more?

I kind of think The Dark Knight is really overrated. Ledger is awesome in it, but people are acting like its the best thing ever made, which IMDB reflects (though their list has alot of undeserving films on it). Its still a really good film though, just not a masterpiece.

Anyways, props for having Serenity on there. I really liked it. Just wondering though, did you watch Firefly (series)? I'm assuming you did, but if for some crazy reason you didn't you really need to. It took alot of lobbying from fans to get Serenity made, and the main attraction for me is that its a continuation of the Firefly story (bastards at FOX canceled it! ), as a stand alone feature I don't think its as good.
Last edited by bajeda at Oct 20, 2009,
Page 1 of 3