I'm currently playing alot of Escape the Fate and i was wondering, what other effects could i get to replicate their sound? I'm enjoying the tone that my Blackstar HT-5 is giving me, but other than that i don't know what to add to my rig.

I currently have:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
2 Blackstar 2x10 Cabs
Korg Tuning Pedal
Crybaby Original Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (looking to get rid of)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Danelectro '67 Hornet Reissue

Any gear suggestions (even if not for ETF songs, but for just playing in general) would be greatly appreciated. I am on a budget, but i love using ebay. I am looking to have the ability to gig with the effects, so i don't enjoy hissing or breaking.

Thanx
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Last edited by k7apex at Sep 6, 2009,
Overdrive, delay, wah, chorus, etc. etc.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Chikao42
Overdrive, delay, wah, chorus, etc. etc.

+1 Except for the overdrive. You probably won't need that with the HT5. Plenty of gain on tap already.
^^sure, but what types (ie. analog or digital) what brand, and if its necessary of just additional.

I am also looking for a solo boost, but should i go volume boost or treble boost?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Can you sell your blackstar(or your unused gear) for a new amp?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'm enjoying the Blackstar right now with it's tone and volume, but i am planning to sell it eventually. What do you recommend i sell it for? I'll take either a combo or half-stack (i like half-stacks better though, lol). I'd be selling my Blackstar Stack and Big Muff. I could probably do with a budget under $1,000, but it may turn out to actually be even less. I would be playing mostly hard rock and metal-core, but i do enjoy showing my soft side with some good cleans and acoustic songs.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
i would definately recommend checking out a used peavey xxx or 3120 those things are both so very very versitle. that said if your happy with your blackstar, which those things are damn nice, then i say build up a bit of a pedal board and work with the blackstar, while maybe saving up for something else so you would eventually have two amps
lol just my two cents
Current Gear

PRS SE Singlecut
Eleca Japanese LP
Epi Valve Junior
A generic 4x12 cab and some assorted random pedals
^sounds like a solid idea. I used to have a decent pedal board built, but i deconstructed it in order to get my blackstar, and i learned how much i like having a compact pedal board better. I want to keep my board to a limit or 3-4 pedals. What are some recommendations for this, and i am also loking to upgrade my crybaby original for another wah (idk what yet) that is activated evertime u move it and not by a toe footswitch (so, in other words, a spring one that resets everytime).
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
MXR, BOSS and Digitech all make good pedals. If you've got cash to spend then go with Xotic, as their pedals are something really special (as are the prices!)
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.