I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I've been experiencing pain in my left wrist during some of my playing. The pain is actually mostly on the top of my hand, between my wrist and fingers. It feels kind of like it would be eased by popping my fingers, and it sometimes works a little bit. I've figured out it is caused by my wrist bending to much towards me as I'm playing, however, once I've hurt my wrist, doing pushups (which bends it the Other way) makes it hurt even worse.

Has anyone else experienced this or know any techniques that would help with this? Is there a way to play with my wrist as straight as possible without making it more difficult to do chords and such on the lower end of the guitar?
Only thing i can suggest is to make sure there isn't any tension in your hand and wrist whilst playing.
try resting for a day, or try icing it
"How can I be lost when I've got nowhere to go"
- MetallicA
What to do at a metal concert:

I hate to be the bringer of bad news dude, but that sounds kinda like carpal tunnel syndrome- or at least the start of it. Its serious, especially if you don't do something about it.

On my website there are some articles that will help you:

http://www.chainsawguitartuition.net/index_files/HandMechanics.html

The link to my home page is below, in my sig.

Other than that I do recommend the classical hand position when you play. Most of these problems are caused by bad technique in the first place.
Quote by chainsawguitar
I hate to be the bringer of bad news dude, but that sounds kinda like carpal tunnel syndrome- or at least the start of it. Its serious, especially if you don't do something about it.

On my website there are some articles that will help you:

http://www.chainsawguitartuition.net/index_files/HandMechanics.html

The link to my home page is below, in my sig.

Other than that I do recommend the classical hand position when you play. Most of these problems are caused by bad technique in the first place.

I don't understand how I would use only my finger muscles after the spock motion. any way i try to move my finger to the fret, i always feel a muscle in my wrist and arm. This really feels like a technique kind of thing, like maybe i need to relax my wrist or something and not try to push myself when playing fast, but I'm not an expert on any of this
Stop playing. Consult a doctor, if possible.

If not, still, stop playing and ensure that you play with no tension in your left wrist. This will take a lot of practice.
Quote by Junior#1
Gilbert mutes with both hands. Palm muting and left hand muting. As for anchoring, he doesn't. He doesn't need to. After all, he's the creator of life, the universe, and everything.
Well I think it was a tension thing, because I changed my playing style to relax my hand more, and it hasn't happened in months.
For playing an Electric Guitar with a Strap on e,g standing up I came up with a simple but radical solution which I started using when I was 18(Way too many years ago) and even at my age now I have very little wrist trouble.

I noticed that both the Les Paul and Strat shaped guitars had their Left hand side strap button(Right hand guitar player) in a position that when stood my left had was holding the weight of the neck.I decided this was silly as I didn't want my left hand doing anything but playing and decided this convention could be improved.
All I did and have done since is bought another strap button and found the balance point of the Guitar so if I let go of the neck it doesn't drop down e.g there's no weight on my left hand.

Here's where I fit my extra strap buttons,

I don't the,"Claw" system of chords for no other reason that I never learnt it and just use normal barre system.

HTH
That happens to me whenever i play certain songs. It feels like my hand will lock up and will be painful but after a while my hand sort of adjusts to it. I also notice (might not be a factor for you) that if your hands were out in the cold, then it would cause a lot of discomfort. Maybe run your hands under warm water to loosen them up a little bit but as others said it might be something a little more.