I'm looking for 4-5 songs in Drop-D for my band. Were having a whole segment for just drop D the next time we perform. We already thinking of some Linkin Park and Evanesance. I wanna be able to do A7X, Trivium, Fall of Troy and stuff but its too challenging for the rest of my band mates. Anybody knows any good Drop D songs that are not too hard for the bass, drums, rhythm, and vocals? Mild screaming at least, I can do only some
dying in your arms- Trivium
its easy as hell for everyone just get the rhythms and timing right but thats not hard either
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Stockholm Syndrome by Muse is a great song in Drop D
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Omerta by Lamb of God should be ok.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Also, anything by Billy Talent, 'tho Ian is a bit of beast when it comes to stretching 'cho fingers.
Try This is How it Goes.
killing in the name
great crowd popper
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Quote by meow1992
killing in the name
great crowd popper

+1 Everytime we play it wherever we are, the place goes mental
Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD H-1001
Axe FX II
Blackstar S1-100 (selling)
Ovation Applause
Keeley modded TS-9
Boss NS-2 (selling)
there are a few fall out boy songs in drop D, for instance Beat It
also thirty seconds to mars are a great band, sum reely popular songs
pull harder on the strings of your martyr. so long as someone can handle the solo, the rest is pretty straight forward. only thing anyone might struggle with is the big fret leaps.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Personally, I think there should be a rule against threads like this. There are probably well over ten million songs in Drop D tuning. If you really can't think of 4 to 5 on your own, maybe you shouldn't be in a band.
Quote by Jack Salad
Personally, I think there should be a rule against threads like this. There are probably well over ten million songs in Drop D tuning. If you really can't think of 4 to 5 on your own, maybe you shouldn't be in a band.

someone hasn't taken his happy pills today.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Mr.Feather
someone hasn't taken his happy pills today.

That may be true, but you understand where I'm coming from right? I mean, how desperate do you have to be to ask a group of strangers for 4-5 songs to play in Drop D. I would understand if it was like 7 string Drop G or something, but Drop D is probably the most common non-standard tuning.
Quote by Jack Salad

Whoa, calm down there mate. The guy was only asking for advice, isn't that the whole point of a forum, advice and discussion?
dude unholy confessions by A7X is in drop D and if your bandmates cant handle that then maybe they need to do a little less band stuff and just go home and practice more
I'm just asking for everyones opinion, I already have a set 4 songs already, I just want a wider variety to choose from because thats what the UG community is about. To help others, not to bash on others >_>
We can't do Unholy Confessions, swearing and the drummer will be tired out. The last informatino I suppose to bring in is that we're a kid band, youngest is 10 then our oldest is 17 (me) Which i'm the lead guitarist... I already sugguested that song too, its one of my favourites
oh **** sorry dude i didnt even realize lol but ya the drums are tough now that i listen to it back lol
have you ever heard of crooked X there drummer is only thirteen i believe they play some drop D stuff like i think the song is called "gone" shouldnt be too hard no screaming though but its got a pretty cool bluesy break down