Right, I'm getting a new guitar soon. Ideally I wont go above £300 ($570), but if it is REALLY worth it, and there is nothing wrong with it, I'm prepared to go to £350 - £400.

I play metal. Along with other variants of metal. Little else.

Preferably 24 frets, although 22 is fine. No Floyd Rose as I use several different tunings for songs. 2 humbucker pick-ups please.

What do you recommend? I'm open to any suggestions but I don't want anything with 7 strings. Any more info needed, just ask. I can't think of anything else that needs mentioning really...

Thanks!

Edit: Also, I'm looking to replace the pick-ups with EMGs, so if there is something that is cheaper, I would be able to do so sooner.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Last edited by Mr.Feather at Sep 6, 2009,
Not sure of the price but a Jackson DKMGT will do you perfectly.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
ESP or schecter guitars is your best bet
the guitars are made for metal and they are still good with other genres of music
plus with esp most of the guitars already have emg's
Quote by Oosh.
Not sure of the price but a Jackson DKMGT will do you perfectly.

I looked at that. Very nice, although I'm just not that fond of the feel of it. It's a beautiful guitar though.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
sounds like a esp/ltd ec-1000 would suit you well, although they are $800+.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
what do you all think of the dean razorback? any good?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
come on guys i need help...
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Quote by Mr.Feather
come on guys i need help...

you don't like the esp?
Quote by fli.pansy
you don't like the esp?

I do but it's a little out of my budget :/ there is also nowhere within 2 hours driving range that sells them. And I refuse to order off the internet. I also want to be able to try a guitar before I buy it. I'd be kinda annoyed if I drove 2 and a half hours to a shop to try them, and came home empty handed. Or.. without a guitar, at least.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Quote by Mr.Feather
I do but it's a little out of my budget :/ there is also nowhere within 2 hours driving range that sells them. And I refuse to order off the internet. I also want to be able to try a guitar before I buy it. I'd be kinda annoyed if I drove 2 and a half hours to a shop to try them, and came home empty handed. Or.. without a guitar, at least.

so basically, your options are limited to the guitars that are sold only within driving range? then we would have to know which guitars are sold at these stores to give you any advice.
pretty much everything else, actually. there are several shops, and they sell nearly every big make from gibson to jackson to fender.. but no ESPs. at least not last time i checked.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Quote by Mr.Feather
what do you all think of the dean razorback? any good?

I personally don't like it. Dean's stock pups tend to be super muddy, but even when you change them the guitar still doesn't really play good for me...the neck is awful imo.

I advise against that dean so that you may consider this dean.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-XM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512150

Get it set up WELL (don't just throw it to any random store guy that claims he can "set up guitars), and it plays like a dream. The stock pups are pretty good too, but you have the extra $300 (-100 for the setup) to buy other pups if you aren't satisfied.
Quote by fli.pansy
i have one other guitar in mind, except it's a HSH set up. the ibanez s470. they are $600+.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933

i like the look of that.. although it has a ZR tremolo.. which is just as bad as a floyd rose, no? and it's over budget, which isn't good considering i'd want to put emgs in it..
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
I've played that guitar. It's a very pretty guitar, but playability is sort of love it or hate it. I'd go head out to a ibanez dealer (any samash or GC will have them) and give it a try.
Quote by Mr.Feather
i like the look of that.. although it has a ZR tremolo.. which is just as bad as a floyd rose, no? and it's over budget, which isn't good considering i'd want to put emgs in it..

i have no experience with a floyd rose, but from what i know, they are completely different. you don't have to change anything when you change strings or tunings. and imo, when you buy an instrument, you should never be cheap about it. this doesn't mean go spend thousands of dollars, but for $600 it's a good guitar.
Ibanez RGR321EX
Or RGA42FM if you prefer active pickups.

/thread
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
at the minute i have a spider 3 -_-

although i'm planning on getting either a blackstar ht-5 or a peavey 5150, so which do you guys think would be better for me out of those?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Quote by Mr.Feather
at the minute i have a spider 3 -_-

although i'm planning on getting either a blackstar ht-5 or a peavey 5150, so which do you guys think would be better for me out of those?

For just home practice and maybe very small gigs HT-5. If you're gonna be gigging without a mic then 5150.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30