I've been with my boyfriend for years and we're very close. I'm very understanding of all of his ambitions and ideas, though there's one issue we always disagree on! I personally love tattoos, and am planning on losing my ink virginity in a couple of months, but he freaking hates tattoos on women.
he describes them as masculine, even though the design I want is a very feminine and discrete one that I've designed myself. not atall trashy or manly.
what do you guys think, should I go ahead and just get it anyway? I just dont want him to think any part of me is gross
what do you guys think of tattoos on women?
If he can't deal with it that's his problem.
It's your body.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Did you join just to make this thread?

In anycase, they dont bother me. And if you two have been together that long he should be understanding of you wanting a tattoo
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
erm.. relationship thread?

i dunno mate. its your body you do what you want with it but if he means a lot to you and dont like it your in a pickle.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I think tattoos on women are attractive, as long as they're kept tasteful and original. Lame little hearts and stars in random places that don't represent anything are pretty lame.

Edit: Redundancy is redundant.
Last edited by archangels666 at Sep 6, 2009,
GET IT! chicks with tattoos r hot!

Originally Posted by anonymus
I voted "evolutionism", though. Cuz you know... it's sciencey.

Originally Posted by anonymus
We were all created by God...
As Monkeys...
Then evolved.
End Debate.
as long as the girl isnt covered in them then I dont mind

just a few is okay, when you see girls with loads it just looks slutty
I did join just for this, as he's a metal guy and probably has a lot in common with you guys. I was looking for a likeminded opinion
its your body, if he loves you then he should accept it. you havent changed as a person and if its something that means alot to you than he should support you
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
Quote by anonchick
the design I want is a very feminine and discrete one that I've designed myself. not atall trashy or manly.
I don't mind those ones.

If I were in his boots, I wouldn't mind you getting one.
Too many tattoos can be off-putting.
tattooed woman=dirty slags or shagbuddys

non tattooed woman=girlfriends

I like both tbh well as long as its not too chavvy tattoo wise...but i wouldnt trust most women with tattoos ive had a fair bit of experience with them.
Last edited by Reveluzionairo at Sep 6, 2009,
Mine's got a really cool one on her wrist. I don't mind it, it's her body.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by jinjan29
What exactly would said tat look like/ where would it reside?

I'm not sure I should say as he sometimes uses this forum hence the anonchick thing. it would be on my lower leg/ankle though. it's feminine without being too girly and pathetic. no stars or dolphins or any of that rubbish
I agree with the boyfriend guy.

I don't like tattoos in general. You get to 45 and beyond and it just looks ridiculous. Picture a granny with a flower tattoo, or any tattoo, it just doesn't work.

Airbrush your design if possible and see how you like it. Bear in mind you have to live with it for ever, unless you want it removed (which is painful, I hear). If it were me I'd airbrush the same design on and off as and when I wanted it.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
It's your body, it shouldn't matter if it's feminine or not (to you, that is). And it's a long relationship, so he should be more understanding. Have a chat about it. I personally don't care about tattoos as long as they're not too prominent.
i actually love tattoos on girls as long as it's not on her face or neck or something. If you really want one then get it, if he doesn't like it screw him it's your choice

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
u got a pic of the design?

personally i don't like them at all really but if its on a woman it can't be on the arms. either back or legs and if its really manly then thats a no-go.
Tattoos are gross imho.

But you have the right to do whatever you want with your body, and if your bf loves you, then he will love regardless of your decision.
I disagree with the whole philosophy of "it'll look awful when you're old" though. when you're old, it's difficult to look sexy anyway :P I'll be wrinkly with or without a tattoo, but at least with I'll have a reminder of my youth
Quote by ChucklesMginty
also you might ask for 3 and end up with 56 (or how ever many it was)

Get the tattoo if you really want it. If he can't deal with it that's his problem
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Go for it. Its your choice. If he really loves you he'll get over it.
"Breasts the size of watermelons" is what Moses said to the Egyptians
Quote by Domino
Get the tattoo if you really want it. If he can't deal with it that's his problem

This pretty much sums up everything that needs to be said.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by metaldud536
So what kind of tattoo you gettin? A star? A butterfly?

ew, no. you should probably read the thread
if you really want it yes! its your body.. (and some chick with tatt's are hot

but if you have a tattoo on your forehead ... i would pass
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by anonchick
ew, no. you should probably read the thread

Post pics of the damn design so we can pass judgement.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.