I want your guys and gals opinions. Should you feel bad for downloading full albums from limewire if you plan to buy the albums if you like them. I just recently downloaded 4 Doors albums (L.A. Woman, The Doors, Waiting For The Sun, Morrison Hotel) and 2 Boston albums (Boston, Don't Look Back). Should I feel bad about doing it. I downloaded them to see if they were good and so far they are so I do plan to buy them. idk, what do you people think.
This thrread belongs in the pit really.

Also, you dont need to feel bad if you are going to buy them, but you may feel bad if you get caught and fined
As long as you dont get caught, stfu
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
limewire=virus junkyard. I'd stay out of there if you value your computer's security.

thepiratebay.org is a lot better for that kind of stuff. Usually what I do is if im interested in a band, ill get an album, listen to it for awhile and if I like them Ill buy their other albums or their next ones. I think its a pretty just plan
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Last edited by Invert-blu at Sep 6, 2009,
I used to do the same thing, except I never got around to buying the albums. Now I don't do that anymore though.
Its legal in Canada lol. We dont have to worry about getting caught!!!!!!
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Quote by Gakbez
As long as you dont get caught, stfu

ive never heard of anyone getting caught and getting a fine
does this actually happen?

oh

and i accidentally your music

EDIT: oh yeah its legal in canada :P
Destroy. Erase. Improve.

I am.
Quote by winnipegbassist

oh

and i accidentally your music

EDIT: oh yeah its legal in canada :P

it rarely happens if ever, but technically if you get caught in certain countries you can be find like $200,000; but don't quote me on the exact fine.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
Quote by winnipegbassist

Paramount caught me when I downloaded Team America (the movie.) All they did was shut off my internet and send me a letter notifying me why. Just had to call my cable company and have it turned back on. After this, I learned how to avoid getting caught
You should feel bad for using a horrible program like Limewire.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean
You should feel bad for using a horrible program like Limewire.

+1
Tell me who's that writin'...
I will admit that I download a vast amount of my music (way more than I purchase) but I'm not going to sit here and try to justify my actions. I shouldn't do it, but music is expensive and I'm a college student without much income. If artists want people to buy their albums they need to think of more creative ways to market themselves and give added incentives. It's clearly been successful for artists like Radiohead, NIN, and Umphrey's McGee. The band Lotus also has a few upcoming shows on the west coast which they are allowing fans to "pay what they want."
Last edited by Shpongled at Sep 8, 2009,
^ What he said.
<<My lyric. Critique, please?

You can't change the world but you can make a dent.
Quote by Invert-blu
limewire=virus junkyard. I'd stay out of there if you value your computer's security.

thepiratebay.org is a lot better for that kind of stuff. Usually what I do is if im interested in a band, ill get an album, listen to it for awhile and if I like them Ill buy their other albums or their next ones. I think its a pretty just plan

Listen to everything this guy said.

Especially the stuff about Limewire. If you care for your computer, do NOT use Limewire.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by bigal224
what about if the artist is dead?
You know what, I think that should be OK.

I hate limewire. I absolutely loathe it, and anyone who uses it should be shot (except some of my friends use it...epic stalemate)
Quote by Shpongled
I will admit that I download a vast amount of my music (way more than I purchase) but I'm not going to sit here and try to justify my actions. I shouldn't do it, but music is expensive and I'm a college student without much income. If artists want people to buy their albums they need to think of more creative ways to market themselves and give added incentives. It's clearly been successful for artists like Radiohead, NIN, and Umphrey's McGee. The band Lotus also has a few upcoming shows on the west coast which they are allowing fans to "pay what they want."
$10-$20 an album shouldn't be too far out of your reach. As long as you only buy new music occasionally.

Here's a (makeshift) solution. Enjoy the music you have, and only get new music if you have enough money.
Quote by 1nSingularity
$10-$20 an album shouldn't be too far out of your reach. As long as you only buy new music occasionally.

Here's a (makeshift) solution. Enjoy the music you have, and only get new music if you have enough money.

The thing is, I listen to several bands who release every live show they play so I am always trying to check out recent shows with setlists that catch my eye and/or get good reviews from fans. I like to compliment my illegal downloading of sbds with audience recordings from archive.org and bt.etree when they are available though.