i've been playing classical guitar for 10 months now and wanted to move more into the acoustic side of music.
so i was wondering if anyone would recommend an OG2CE washburn,i've already played and liked how it sounds,but its alot harder then my classical.
im into pretty much every genre of music,except metal.
thnx in advance
Attachments:
OG2CEN_300dpi[1].jpg
well, if you like it, buy it.
No one will stop you
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Best advice I can give you: If its the one YOU like, get it.
That does come with a few disclaimers. All guitars are set up differently. Low end guitars that usually have high action and stuff, could be built rather well. High end guitars could have some flaws also. Not all guitars sound exactly the same. Someone who had a "Crappy" (brand) guitar might have gotten lucky and had one that sounded great. Someone who bought a expensive guitar might have been unlucky and his guitar sounds sub-par.

So whats the solution? Try out more than one guitar. If you have been trying out different guitars and you like that one the best (Within your budget, etc), then go for it. We can't necessarily comment on the tone of that guitar you tried.

One thing that we usually can do is recommend brands and models that we have had and heard good or bad things from. For example I tend to recommend against Ibanez guitars because all the ones I've seen and played didn't sound that great. Creative usually agrees with me if I remember right. It doesn't mean we will hate you if you buy one. Doesn't mean that some of them aren't actually good. The fact is that we have had at a minimum, bad luck with many of them. So in the end, you seem knowledgeable on your guitars and should be able to pick one that you like.

And yes, acoustic is a little harder than classical at times. I learned on an acoustic so I have advantages of having stronger fingers/hands and strumming rhythm (vs someone who only fingerpicks) but I also make more mistakes when playing songs on a classical due to not stretching my hands as far on a classical guitar. That's why I cant say any guitar is genuinely "Harder" than another. Someone who is exclusive has advantages and disadvantages against the others.

What you do want to make sure of is that the action on that acoustic guitar is good enough for you to play and not insanely high or low(giving buzz). I honestly haven't come across a guitar that was too high for me to play, so I can't honestly say what is too high, since it also is different depending on the guitar neck and strings used and such. For example I may or may not need a small truss rod adjustment on my acoustic when I switch up to mediums from my lights.

EDIT: TLDR: You can tell the tone of the guitar, not us. Yeah, acoustic can be harder, but so can classical to some people. Just make sure the guitar plays well enough for you.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by Chaos Nil
Best advice I can give you: If its the one YOU like, get it.
That does come with a few disclaimers. All guitars are set up differently. Low end guitars that usually have high action and stuff, could be built rather well. High end guitars could have some flaws also. Not all guitars sound exactly the same. Someone who had a "Crappy" (brand) guitar might have gotten lucky and had one that sounded great. Someone who bought a expensive guitar might have been unlucky and his guitar sounds sub-par.

So whats the solution? Try out more than one guitar. If you have been trying out different guitars and you like that one the best (Within your budget, etc), then go for it. We can't necessarily comment on the tone of that guitar you tried.

One thing that we usually can do is recommend brands and models that we have had and heard good or bad things from. For example I tend to recommend against Ibanez guitars because all the ones I've seen and played didn't sound that great. Creative usually agrees with me if I remember right. It doesn't mean we will hate you if you buy one. Doesn't mean that some of them aren't actually good. The fact is that we have had at a minimum, bad luck with many of them. So in the end, you seem knowledgeable on your guitars and should be able to pick one that you like.

And yes, acoustic is a little harder than classical at times. I learned on an acoustic so I have advantages of having stronger fingers/hands and strumming rhythm (vs someone who only fingerpicks) but I also make more mistakes when playing songs on a classical due to not stretching my hands as far on a classical guitar. That's why I cant say any guitar is genuinely "Harder" than another. Someone who is exclusive has advantages and disadvantages against the others.

What you do want to make sure of is that the action on that acoustic guitar is good enough for you to play and not insanely high or low(giving buzz). I honestly haven't come across a guitar that was too high for me to play, so I can't honestly say what is too high, since it also is different depending on the guitar neck and strings used and such. For example I may or may not need a small truss rod adjustment on my acoustic when I switch up to mediums from my lights.

EDIT: TLDR: You can tell the tone of the guitar, not us. Yeah, acoustic can be harder, but so can classical to some people. Just make sure the guitar plays well enough for you.

well that a mountain of usefull information,thanks.
ill go try some cheap crappy brands and hopefully find good cheap ones
Quote by exmorbid
well that a mountain of usefull information,thanks.
ill go try some cheap crappy brands and hopefully find good cheap ones

Well I'm glad all that writing didn't go to waste then.

Edit: Oh yeah, wanted to add, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. Cheap usually means that it also is of low quality or inferior or in the end a piece of crap. Inexpensive just means it doesn't cost a lot. You can have a great guitar that was inexpensive. If you say its inexpensive then they don't think "bad". When you say a "Cheap guitar" you usually dont expect much and is usually not that great. Don't get a cheap guitar, get an inexpensive one.
Last edited by Chaos Nil at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by Chaos Nil
Well I'm glad all that writing didn't go to waste then.

Edit: Oh yeah, wanted to add, there is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. Cheap usually means that it also is of low quality or inferior or in the end a piece of crap. Inexpensive just means it doesn't cost a lot. You can have a great guitar that was inexpensive. If you say its inexpensive then they don't think "bad". When you say a "Cheap guitar" you usually dont expect much and is usually not that great. Don't get a cheap guitar, get an inexpensive one.

ill keep that in mind
you can blame webster for that mistake
ChaosNil basically summed it all up. +1 to him.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
ChaosNil basically summed it all up. +1 to him.

lol...
Well be sure to tell me what guitar you settled on in the end. It would help some so I can go try it and also comment on it for other people when I get asked x_X
Quote by Chaos Nil
lol...
Well be sure to tell me what guitar you settled on in the end. It would help some so I can go try it and also comment on it for other people when I get asked x_X

sure,ill try some more out tommorow and see if i end up liking another more