Alright so I have some mild neck ticks, and I've decided to try and use nicotine patches after doing some research to try and get rid of them. However, I often smoke black n milds when I'm out with my friends. I'm just wondering if this could cause any harmful side effects. The patch is the weakest available, being 7 mgs. Can I just take off the patch, smoke, and then put it back on? I couldn't find any websites with information about this, so I figured I'd ask the pit :P

EDIT: DONT POST SMOKING WILL KILL BLAH BLAH BLAH. I only smoke like 3 or 4 a week at the most.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Last edited by msuspartan at Sep 6, 2009,
You will die.

On a more serious note, it defeats the ****ing purpose. You are wearing a patch for a god damn reason.

EDIT: Also, if the nicotine from the cigarette does not work, what makes you think a patch will work. Bearing in mind, cigarettes are an efficient way of getting a drug into your system, which have to go through your neck to get to your brain.

Don't bother.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Sep 6, 2009,
The patch isn't to quit smoking... Read the OP
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
The patch isn't to quit smoking... Read the OP

Just have. thank you.

EDIT: The below post is also true.

You might as well just use the patches to quit smoking and go to the doctor. And if he tells you to start smoking again. Then that's just dandy!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by msuspartan
Alright so I have some mild neck ticks, and I've decided to try and use nicotine patches after doing some research to try and get rid of them. However, I often smoke black n milds when I'm out with my friends. I'm just wondering if this could cause any harmful side effects. The patch is the weakest available, being 7 mgs. Can I just take off the patch, smoke, and then put it back on? I couldn't find any websites with information about this, so I figured I'd ask the pit :P
That would be silly. You'd need to plan far in advance to allow the nicotine levels to decrease.

Patches are intended for maintaining the level of nicotine so that you break the physical habits involved with smoking before weaning yourself off of the nicotine itself.

Using them to treat other ailments should only be done under the advice of a physician.

See a doctor.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
erm, why not just smoke WITH the patch on and then you will get the nioctine from the cigarettes and the patch
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa