About 8 months ago I bought my Ibanez RG350MDX. Now, I'm starting to have tuning/sustain problems with the Edge III trem in it. The way I see it, I have a couple of options to solve these issues. I could:

• Sell the guitar, sell my RG120, and use the money to buy another guitar that I won't have problems with.
  • Buy a replacement tremolo, such as an OFR.
  • Buy and install a Tremol-No.

If you agree with the first one, please tell me how much money I could sell each guitar for. Both are in nearly perfect condition, except for the RG350 has the E3 problem.

If you agree with the second one, please tell me which I should get, say why, and describe the trem you suggested. Also, which trems CAN I replace the Edge 3 with?

If you agree with the third, tell me what you like about the Tremol-No. Does it do its job? Is there any difference between that and a fixed bridge, besides the appearance and the locking nut? Is there less sustain?

Thanks for your help in advance.

EDIT: I'm also selling a couple of amps and some pedals, so I expect to have about $900 when all is said and done.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Sep 6, 2009,
Well, it's known that an OFR and an Edge Pro can easily retrofit most Edge III cavities without any routing. Now, some people have said that the Edge Pro is more reliable than an OFR, but I don't have experience with that.

The OFR is cheaper and can be bought from Warmoth.

An Edge Pro can be bought from ibanezrules.

As for the tremol-no, I know nothing about it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
^+1 i was going to say save up some and get an edge pro. as long as you know you really like the guitar, since an update like that shouldn't be made to something you want to sell soon anyway
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
why don`t you just get the knife edges sharpend on the edge 3, it`s the cheapest and most effective option
Quote by ibanezgod1973
why don`t you just get the knife edges sharpend on the edge 3, it`s the cheapest and most effective option

Because that just delays the problem from worsening, it doesn't fix it indefinitely. Also, the alloys are so cheap that the arm hole is actually starting to widen due to my very moderate use of the trem. Hence, rattly trem arm/no fluttering at all. My guitar is starting to become like a used-up woman.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
All knife edges on tremolos need sharpening at some point. The Edge III is just made of softer, cheaper metals so it will need sharpening probably sooner after you buy it and more frequently thereafter. Putting in an Edge Pro will not fix it indefinitely, you'll still run into dull knife edges somewhere down the line. I suggest for now trying it out, before dropping $250.

Also, for the wide arm socket, try tightening the arm torque. It'll make the arm stay in the socket better.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ