So I have been recently looking at guitars in the $400 range. I want one with a locking tremolo, 24 frets, and 3 pickups (at least one being a humbucker.) I originally planed on getting the Ibanez. Then I saw the Laguna. I currently have the lowest end model, but I'm pretty happy with it. I know that the Laguna has 2 humbuckers, but thats ok cuz it's a 5 way switch with coil-tapping. (Altho theres one less pick-up, there are twice as many sounds.) I also like the looks of the Laguna. What do u think is better? Thanks!

P.S. Dont say "Get a bigger budget" or "dont get a locking trem" i know what i want so deal with it
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
They're suited to totally different genres. Get the Ibanez if you plan on playing metal, and the Laguna if you plan on playing pretty much anything else. And personally, I'd take the Ibanez anyway if I already had a Laguna.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
i play metal, but the band i'm in is a little softer. and does a D-tuna only work on a floyd rose? if so, im pretty much sold on the laguna
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Quote by JagerSlushy
They're suited to totally different genres. Get the Ibanez if you plan on playing metal, and the Laguna if you plan on playing pretty much anything else. And personally, I'd take the Ibanez anyway if I already had a Laguna.

The Ibanez is NOT just suited for metal. I have the same guitar, and it does blues, cleans, classic rock, shred, and metal, better than my bandmate's MIM strat. Also, the Laguna is not such a great guitar, build quality is extremely poor on the lower and midrange models. Actually, anything but the Greg Howe signature is not so great.

Both guitars, however, are plagued with cheap locking tremolos. I would get an Ibanez with a ZR Trem, as they are FAR superior to the Edge III. Look into these guitars new:

NONE, because you will not get a good locking trem in the $400 new price range.

However, you can get these used off of musiciansfriend in very good condition for your price range, give or take 50 bucks:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S470DXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519933#used
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=518873

EDIT: The D-Tuna would not work for any trem but a non-recessed one. So, I think you could put it on any locking trem, as long as it isn't recessed. Otherwise, you will have no pull-up capabilities.

Also, the D-Tuna is kind of like Taco Bell. It sounds good in theory, but in practice, it just doesn't work out, and it makes you **** all over yourself. Or maybe it just doesn't work. Either way, if you need to change tunings a lot, then get a fixed bridge.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Sep 6, 2009,