Hi, I will soon be getting a Randall RH150G3 and i was wondering if i would be better of with some EMG active pickups or some Seymour Duncan passive pickups and also which Seymour Duncan set would be good for metal and have good clean tones
Same, I like EMG's but i hear that they're not too good when you're not using a valve amp and the amp i'm getting is a hybrid
Hi Nelson2210
hard decision between EMGs and Seymour Duncans both very good makes and both make great pickups however you may want to consider the fact that EMGs need an active circuit
For EMG's, get the 81/60 combo. The 81 is perfect for metal and the 60 is the best for cleans. And be sure to do the 18V mod; it makes a significant difference.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by Nelson2210
with the 18v mod does it need any extra wiring

you only need to put in an extra battery snap
Quote by Nelson2210
with the 18v mod does it need any extra wiring

Thoroughly outlined here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941907&page=1&pp=20&highlight=EMG+18V+mod
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
this may seem stupid but with EMG's do you have a single battery for a set or a battery per pickup?
Quote by Nelson2210
this may seem stupid but with EMG's do you have a single battery for a set or a battery per pickup?

each pickups comes with 1 input jack, 1 tone knob, 1 volume knob, 1 batter clip, all necessary wiring, and a schematic. For the 18V mod, you run two batteries in parallel. You can run just one battery, but the 18V mod does make a positive difference. So to answer your question, each pickup comes with its own batter clip, but the batteries are sold separately.
--Einstein

--Einstein