Well Pit, for most us, it's back to school. I have a dillema, do I continue Spanish, with Spanish III, or start German. Spanish could come in handy, living in the U.S., but I have relatives who speak German. So what should I do.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Pick the one you like more. Spanish is gonna be more useful obviously in a worldwide context but german is more cool and your relative speak it. Go with your gut feeling.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
do NOT take german

Why?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i did spanish and french at he beginning of high school and i just got confused, thank god i dint do either at GCSE. i'd stick to german
Ok, is it weird for a sophomore to be starting a new language?
Quote by chip46
Complete another year of Spanish. Colleges would rather see consecutive years of one language than just jumping from language to language.

If you don't care about this aspect, then go with the one you would enjoy more.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
German FTW.

And no, it's not weird. I started German my sophomore year, and got through German III by the time I graduated. So now I got 2 semesters' worth of college credit for it. Definitely go for it.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Ok, I guess I'll go for German. But Toast, I thought they would be more impresses with a different language, since everyone seems to take Spanish.
Quote by chip46
Personally I would do German, mainly because Spanish is too hard for me, but if you've done it for a few years then stick with it. Or just ignore them both and learn Al Bhed...
Do spanish. German sounds grosse. No offence to germans, they're all genius. They just sound grosse.
spanish is more useful, however if you don't care about college then it doesnt matter
german is better then spanish 1000 times! and the'y are my neighbours

Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause we shall miss you.

i shall always come back!

I'm saying nothing
But I'm saying nothing with feel

All in all you're just another brick in the wall

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

German is way better. If you're angry and shout at someone in Spanish you'll sound stupid, whereas if you shout at them in German they will fear you.

stratkat
I was forced to do German for 5 years and i hated it, it's not as easy as everyone says, trust me. It's a shame you can't do French cos that's the best in my opinion but I say do spanish because you already have the basics of it pretty much, well probably more so you'll find it easier to carry it on, and no offence to Germans but it's an ugly sounding language.

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
Take both.

Quote by Johnny skins
german is better then spanish 1000 times! and the'y are my neighbours

I disagree.
Quote by EuBoat
German is way better. If you're angry and shout at someone in Spanish you'll sound stupid, whereas if you shout at them in German they will fear you.
Yeah, but then they'll assume whatever you said was a Nazi rant and then have you arrested.
Quote by SG_dave
German is easier to learn, the English language borrows heavily from German words and structure.

This post was bull****. Since when did we ever have a verb last? or a fixed word order for that matter. or ****ing cases. We do borrow words, but not structure.
german's really easy cuz it's alot like english

i'm in german III this year in high school, just sayin
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
The general idea seems to be German. But school starts Tuesday, and I can't decide.
Quote by chip46
Spanish has over 10 time tenses but German has declensions (I think), just go with the one that's easier for you, few years aren't enough to speak a language fluently anyway.