this is an opportunity for everyone to flame the band they hate the most

not the wisest idea

Edit: The arctic monkey's haven't gone downhill at all, they've just gone to a different hill. with pretty flowers and squirrels and clouds all around it.
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Sep 6, 2009,
I used to think Rage against the machine, but when they played in 07 and 08 they were pretty spectacular.
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
The first indie band that comes to mind is Modest Mouse
I, however, don't think they've really gone "downhill"; I like their old stuff and the new, just as much
Their sound's changed but not for the worse or the better
actic monkeys HAVE gone down hill, but they're still very good, but alex turner has let himself go,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
every indie band

your favourite bands are red hot chili peppers, guns 'n' roses and rage against the machine.

as much as i love the strokes, they've really gone downhill. hopefully their new album will be better. most of my facourite bans are still releasing great records though.
Quote by trackmind
your favourite bands are red hot chili peppers, guns 'n' roses and rage against the machine.

You mean those aren't indie bands?
If Oasis were still together I would say them.
And I would agree with the Arctic Monkeys
"All thats left is the proof that loves not only blind but deaf" Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales of San Francisco
I dont think Arctic Monkeys have gone downhill just changed there sound a bit. Aiming towards a different audiance (sp?)
As for downhill, I'd say Kings Of Leon.
Does it offend you, yeah?
The killers have gone downhill. Alot. The old stuff is quite good, but the new stuff is un-listenable.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by birdman267
You mean those aren't indie bands?

i mean all of those bands have gone/went downhill.
-My Chemical Romance this incredible onslaught of cathartic noise seven years ago. Now they sing "Welcome to the Black Parade".
-Fear Before the March of Flames made some really interesting, avant-garde, Blood Brothers-influenced post-hardcore. Now they sound no different from the rest of their scene.
-A long time ago, The Smashing Pumpkins were a well-concealed Billy Corgan ego-trip. Now they are a blatantly obvious Billy Corgan ego trip.
-In the '90s, Dinosaur Jr. wrote angry noise-pop worthy of mention alonside Sonic Youth. Now, they'd fit in fine at a blues-rock festival.
-The Jesus and Mary Chain once made utterly unique music. Then they came out with "Automatic".
-Blur was once a shoegazing act. Soon after, they joined all those other Britpop bastards in writing absolutely soulless garbage.
-Lush: see Blur.
Quote by toyboxmonster
-In the '90s, Dinosaur Jr. wrote angry noise-pop worthy of mention alonside Sonic Youth. Now, they'd fit in fine at a blues-rock festiva.

and in the mid-to-late '80s, Dinosaur Jr. wrote even angrier, noisier punk/rock. then the '90s came.
meh, i still like them, though the new stuff's nothing special.
Quote by somewhat_here
and in the mid-to-late '80s, Dinosaur Jr. wrote even angrier, noisier punk/rock. then the '90s came.
meh, i still like them, though the new stuff's nothing special.

Not sure why I wrote '90s. My brain slipped for a moment. I was specifically thinking of "You're Living All Over Me".
Elliott Smith hasn't done anything decent since 2003.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
^ And I'm still waiting from some new material from Jeff Buckley as well.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by toyboxmonster
-My Chemical Romance this incredible onslaught of cathartic noise seven years ago. Now they sing "Welcome to the Black Parade".
-Fear Before the March of Flames made some really interesting, avant-garde, Blood Brothers-influenced post-hardcore. Now they sound no different from the rest of their scene.
-A long time ago, The Smashing Pumpkins were a well-concealed Billy Corgan ego-trip. Now they are a blatantly obvious Billy Corgan ego trip.
-In the '90s, Dinosaur Jr. wrote angry noise-pop worthy of mention alonside Sonic Youth. Now, they'd fit in fine at a blues-rock festival.
-The Jesus and Mary Chain once made utterly unique music. Then they came out with "Automatic".
-Blur was once a shoegazing act. Soon after, they joined all those other Britpop bastards in writing absolutely soulless garbage.
-Lush: see Blur.

I saw them at Electric picnic this year. I was very disapointed
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
when were Blur EVER shoegaze?! Their self-titled was kinda lo-fi american shoegazey but that was well after Parklife...
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
I agree totally wilth toyboxmonster,
Fear before the march of flames used to be so great, the always open Mouth was a masterpiece. now they sound exactly like the rest of their scene.
they changed their name and their sound, now it sucks.
Kings of Leon

Arctic Monkeys have got progressively better imo, still not as good as everyone makes out but it's good to see them move away from their first album
Quote by bassman-wardy
arctic monkeys have gonje VERY diwn hill, but still they're good,

Ignorance is a sin.
Quote by NOFX182
when were Blur EVER shoegaze?! Their self-titled was kinda lo-fi american shoegazey but that was well after Parklife...

Blur were shoegaze... when they were shoegaze?

During their "Leisure" days, they were grouped with bands like Lush and Slowdive as part of the Scene That Celebrates Itself. "Leisure" is very much a feedback-drenched, effect-tinged, pseudo-psychadelia record and fits right in with bands like Moose and Catherine Wheel.