I have a crappy J Bass copy. Whenever I turn it up, a horrible hum arrises. I know its the bass because ive tried different basses in the same situation and it only occurs to mine. How do I solve this?

Thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Try turning the tone knob down. It could actually just be low quality/failing pots. If you wanted to you could try replacing the pots. Pretty cheap if you don't buy top of the line stuff.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
ok, ill try that, thanks
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Duh, single coils. if it isn't the tone knob it's 60 cycle hum. Humbuckers don't have this because they have two magnets of different polarities canceling the hum out. with single coil pickups there's nothing to cancel the hum. Some single coil pickups are made to be "noiseless" and from my guess i'd think they achieve this by using two smaller magnets of opposite polarity.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Duh, single coils. if it isn't the tone knob it's 60 cycle hum. Humbuckers don't have this because they have two magnets of different polarities canceling the hum out. with single coil pickups there's nothing to cancel the hum. Some single coil pickups are made to be "noiseless" and from my guess i'd think they achieve this by using two smaller magnets of opposite polarity.

Yep, the ones in my bass are like that. One coil for the D/G and another for the other 3.
Nope, no sig here.