I'm new here so don't know if this is in the right forum or not. If not than my bad. I have a Jackson Dinky DK2 and every once in a while when i switch to the neck pickup the sound on the guitar completely cuts out. I have to wiggle the switch slightly to bring the sound back. I really don't have the means to have it repaired if something is damaged at the moment. Was wondering if anyone else might have this same problem and if so is it a sign that my switch is messing up or something that just doesn't need to addressed at all. Thanks for any help.
hmm, do u think it will get worse? it only happens on the neck pickup, it's a five way selecter switch
well it will eventually come loose completely and you will lose the connection to that pup and not get any signal from it

just get it re-soldered, or do it yourself
well i just took the back off, didn't see any loose wiring, but i just noticed something i never had befor, the 2 screws on either side of the selecter switch on the outside on the front of the guitar were loose, do you think that might have something to do with it?
As everyone said, its probably a loose connection, you should resolder it, its not hard.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i have to admit i don't much experience in rewiring, but from what i can see there's no loose connection, unless it's inside the pickup selecter capsule itself
The switch could just be dirty, spray it with some contact cleaner
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com