EDIT: We play classic rock, our own mix of Aerosmith, Guns, and Motley, with a touch of metal on the drummers part, which is why I asked about these three in particular, feel free to suggest your own.
Also, this is not to replace the actual music, but just to add another dimension to our live shows
So, my fellow Pit Monkeys, I come to you to ask about fashion, which I'm sure I'll get several...interesting responses, but I'm hoping for a few serious ones as well, so here goes.
How much (note: this is for a live show, not to replace focus on the music, but just an added feature of the show) does fashion for a band affect your choice of listening to them/seeing them live? In other words what sort of style of dress do you think is the most rock n roll/[insert musical genre here]? This is not to limit you, but to give you a basic idea of what I mean.
Do you think Steven Tyler's Gypsy sort of dress with the scarves and such is a good choice?

Or do you prefer the more bad-ass rocker look of Axl Rose?

Or do you like the Glam look of Motley Crue?

I am trying to decide which would be the best style to form my stage get-up around (not copy, mind you, I realize that this is 2009, not 1986), so I decided to ask you guys haha.
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Last edited by [Erebus] at Sep 6, 2009,
I prefer the look of properly embedded images.
EDIT: Damn you fixed it.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
It depends on your style of music. If you play metal, go for the metal look. But if you play classic rock, go for the hippie kind of look. Or if you play modern rock, look like a ***. It really all depends on the music you play.
I suggest you model your band after the keyboard player from dragonforce

does fashion for a band affect your choice of listening to them/seeing them live?

no, i am not a woman
if you asked me I'd have to look to even know what i was wearing right now
Last edited by seljer at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by Thrasher51
I prefer the look of properly embedded images.
EDIT: Damn you fixed it.

Yeah, it had fuc/k in the name, so UG censored it, so the image didn't work.
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
I think they all look god-awful.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I quite leik slash;s image and I aim to be influenced a littl eby that, as in such my slim fitting dark jeans, converse, studded belts, vintage t shirts and black leather jackets/hoodies.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Throw on a pair of dickies and your favourite t-shirt. Stay cool and focus on your playing. People will notice more if you sound **** than than look ****. so its best to sound good first
while people should only care about the music, Image is a big thing and it really depends on the type of music you play...but whats most important is wear something comfortable that you can wear without thinking "are people liking what i am wearing" also make sure its something you can move around in....and not somthing to thick cause if you are on a stage pounding drums lugging around guitars or just moving around interacting with the crowd you will get hot quickly.
Quote by Just Andrew
I think they all look god-awful.

I concur.

I prefer when a band just looks normal.
Quote by seljer
also, this look seems to be all the rage with the (man-)ladies

This is the enemy for normal people.
Quote by seljer

Chubby?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I prefer my own look, you know... not looking like a poser

i agree +1
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by kalnoky7
dayman look

Is that Gibson ripping off an ESP rip off of a Gibson guitar?

And looking like that will get you noticed anyway...not always a good thing...
Quote by lyonk55
Is that Gibson ripping off an ESP rip off of a Gibson guitar?

And looking like that will get you noticed anyway...not always a good thing...
thats from a comedy show called "It's always sunny in Philadelphia". it was a joke.

thats Danny DeVito playing the drums actually
Quote by kalnoky7
thats from a comedy show called "It's always sunny in Philadelphia". it was a joke.

thats Danny DeVito playing the drums actually

Cool, not familiar with it however.
Quote by seljer

Pretty sure they are all the same person, and why the hell is that guy wearing flip flops?

Anyway, everything TS posted looked stupid, just wear a t shirt and jeans, or if you must dress up, wear a suit, you can't go wrong in a good suit.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Pretty sure they are all the same person

How the hell did he turn asian?
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport