Yes, all
30 33%
Yes, some (specify)
24 27%
No
36 40%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 2
Like the title says. Do you think any drugs other than weed should be legal?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
All of them.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
When someone gives me an argument and reason other then "so I can smoke shit out of them", I'll say yes.

Until then, I don't care.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Every drug should be legalised. They would be safer if they were legal, it would stop the retarded 'war on drugs' and it would remove the main problem surrounding drugs - the dealers.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
Every drug should be legalised. They would be safer if they were legal, it would stop the retarded 'war on drugs' and it would remove the main problem surrounding drugs - the dealers.

i dunno if that's strictly true...
Lol only cause drugs actually do good things right?, like heroine?, or cocaine? there good for you right. No we shouldn't legalize drugs there awful things. this is the stupidest question iv ever heard
I'm a liberal jackass who thinks people can kill themselves with heroin or cocaine or shrink their testicles with anabolic steroids and stuff if they want, and I think it's only fair considering that alcohol and tobacco is legal. There should be some restrictions on use, like how there is with public intoxication and not selling booze to people under 21 and stuff, although I think 16 - 18 is a good age limit. If kids want drugs, ciggarettes or beer, they're getting drugs, ciggarettes, or beer.

btw, aren't there a lot of threads like this?
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Last edited by Sopheydood at Sep 6, 2009,
I don't have a problem with marijuana being legalized, but some of the other drugs can be... ****ed up to say the least.

So maybe some others, like the natural ones such as shrooms, but definitely not all of them.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Doesn't matter to me, if people want to destroy their own bodies let the idiots do whatever the hell they want.
Quote by jgbsmith

it would also cause a huge surge in people becoming addicted to drugs which would be a massive disaster for society as a whole. Certain drugs are known to destroy people's minds and memories, making those widely available is not good for any society.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Yes, but only because the so-called "war on drugs" is costly and a waste of money.

---Speculation, I have nothing to back this up, nor do I claim to.---

I get the feeling that many people who say those drugs should be legalized do so only so they can take them without worrying about getting in trouble with the law.

---End speculation---

EDIT: And I would be in favor of some restrictions, like age limits, public intoxication laws, crimes committed while under the influence (although those two latter already exist... you'd just get rid of the "illegal" substance part), etc.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Last edited by thankyougermany at Sep 6, 2009,
I'd say shrooms should be too. After that.. no, because of addictive properties of the drugs.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Sopheydood
I'm a liberal jackass who thinks people can kill themselves with heroin or cocaine or shrink their testicles with anabolic steroids and stuff if they want, and I think it's only fair considering that alcohol and tobacco is legal. There should be some restrictions on use, like how there is with public intoxication and not selling booze to people under 21 and stuff, although I think 16 - 18 is a good age limit. If kids want drugs, ciggarettes or beer, they're getting drugs, ciggarettes, or beer.

To be fair, once you end a cycle of steroids your testes return to their original size.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Never going to happen.

You saw the change that occured in the 60s, the government's not gonna let that kind of free thinking happen ever again.

People need to start a social movement pretty soon imo

Damn....

Quote by TheReverend724
Many drugs are very dangerous, so no

and pot should be decriminalized, not legalized

I think we have our different opinions on that. It is decriminalized here, but it still dosen't change much.

Legalization would be huge for getting the government out of the economy crisis. If you taxed it like cigarettes, wouldn't you just have another way to make as much money as cigs.

Thats like the best selling item in the states.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I'm an anti-hard drugs sort of person, because I think they are unhealthy. But I also don't care if someone uses them. It's none of my business. However, I don't think all drugs should be legalized, because I don't want to risk having hundreds of children killing themselves or getting addicted to a drug they didn't fully understand simply because it was more widely available.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by amicone18
Lol only cause drugs actually do good things right?, like heroine?, or cocaine? there good for you right. No we shouldn't legalize drugs there awful things. this is the stupidest question iv ever heard

It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Quote by doive
it would also cause a huge surge in people becoming addicted to drugs which would be a massive disaster for society as a whole.

Could you defend this, and give some kind of justification as to why you think this is? Please take a minute to look at some of the statistics from the Netherlands and Spain in regard to how drug legalization or decriminalisation correlate with addiction.

Edit: I mean Portugal, not Spain. Easy mistake to make
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Last edited by VANGELIS! at Sep 6, 2009,
Speaking as someone who has experience with most types of drug, but who does not have an addictive personality, and has NEVER been dependant on a substance ('cept maybe caffiene!), I can truly say that past all the hype, all the warnings, all the horror stories; it's nothing like they make it out to be.

That being said, not everyone has the strength of will and presence of mind to avoid becoming ensnared in a downward spiral of dependance. A lot of you also don't have the common sense to avoid such situations either, and it takes great moral fibre to admit and combat a problem once you actually develop one.

It should be a personal choice, but just think - can you handle it, or will you be a burden on the medical system for a decade after accidentally getting hooked?

- Ben.
Fudoshin.

XxX-Ben-xXx
Quote by jgbsmith

not true, if it were legal more people would be taking way too much like with alcohol, also certain drugs just completely destroy you
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by VANGELIS!
Could you defend this, and give some kind of justification as to why you think this is? Please take a minute to look at some of the statistics from the Netherlands and Spain in regard to how drug legalization or decriminalisation correlate with addiction.

The addictiveness of pot and crack are two totally different monsters.
Quote by doive
it would also cause a huge surge in people becoming addicted to drugs which would be a massive disaster for society as a whole. Certain drugs are known to destroy people's minds and memories, making those widely available is not good for any society.

Alcoohol is known to destroy livers and minds and memories and families and people, making it widely availible is not good for society.

SMOKING KILLS.

Yeah..

Quote by walkinbazooka
To be fair, once you end a cycle of steroids your testes return to their original size.

That only makes it better, I guess.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by dustyboy316
I think we have our different opinions on that. It is decriminalized here, but it still dosen't change much.

Legalization would be huge for getting the government out of the economy crisis. If you taxed it like cigarettes, wouldn't you just have another way to make as much money as cigs.

Thats like the best selling item in the states.

there's many pros and cons about the legalization / decriminalization debate

i feel it would be better decriminalized, but thats my opinion, as you have yours

Im just pissed cause Arizona was this close to having decriminalized weed, but our politicians were too chickenshit to stick it to the gov
Quote by doive

Actually, there have been several studies done in Sweden regarding the legalization of heroin.

In almost all of the studies the amount of people who start heroin went down, the amount of people quitting went up and the socio-economic standing of those addicts allowed to access the drug in an economically fair/safe environment went up.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by amicone18

If you're going to call drugs awful things and say things are stupid, at least learn how to speak and write.
I'm not even going to go into detail on my opinion here.. The whole legal system when it comes to alcohol/drugs is completely ****ed. Alcohol is legal, yet it kills people and brings out the worst. Yet pot is for the most part illegal.

Now think about the last time you heard about someone going on a stoner rage and beat his wife? and the last time you heard someone doing the same on a drunken rage?
Quote by Sopheydood
Alcoohol is known to destroy livers and minds and memories and families and people, making it widely availible is not good for society.

Don't you think alcohol would be illegal if we could make it that way? I'm pretty sure we tried that once. Didn't end too well.

I'd much rather see pot legalized and alcohol made illegal again, but it's not going to happen so easily.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by doive

society's fucked anyway
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Don't you think alcohol would be illegal if we could make it that way? I'm pretty sure we tried that once. Didn't end too well.

I'd much rather see pot legalized and alcohol made illegal again, but it's not going to happen so easily.

Prohibition never works. The law cannot stop human desire, ever.

For examples, Google "The American War On Drugs."
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by TheReverend724
there's many pros and cons about the legalization / decriminalization debate

i feel it would be better decriminalized, but thats my opinion, as you have yours

Im just pissed cause Arizona was this close to having decriminalized weed, but our politicians were too chickenshit to stick it to the gov

Yup, I can respect that. I just have had it non decriminalized and then decriminalized, so I know the effects first hand. Nothing changes when it's decrimed except if you have like 2 g's you only get a fine. Here that's all they would do before, they don't want to waste time on people who just smoke it. They're after dealers/growers who would be busted either way.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Honestly, in a perfect world, all drugs ought to be legalized. But let's face it, there are way too many dumbasses, **** ups and idiots in the world to be responsible with these drugs.

A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.- Zappa
Ibanez RG350MDX
Dunlop Jazz IIIs
DR Tite-fits(Only because High-Beams sell too fast for me to buy them)
Carvin X212B
Page 1 of 2