Hey guys, I just finished up remaking a tele so I decided to do a scrap wood build. It will be fairly simple i believe, here are the specs.

3 piece body - pine and red oak
Bolt on neck - red oak also
Tailpiece bridge
piezo pickup
volume and tone knob
firebird shape (duh)
22 frets
6 strings
some stain to finish it

i dont have pics cause my cameras being gay.

edit: forgot to put, this will have the raised mid section, AND f holes,
Last edited by Comrade Curry at Sep 6, 2009,
I'd love to see this one. I am in love with firebirds, and think yours sounds interesting.
Boner: this guy has one.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Ok, the description makes me really interested; I love Firebirds!

A warning though, if you fail you'll shatter my dreams.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by gnomieowns
i'd do a set neck, but otherwise that looks pretty good.
are you just going to have the 1 piezo pickup?

yea, just one, I'm gonna but the neck further in, strengthening the joint but reducing fret access, also this is gonna have F holes, forgot to put that.
This sounds like it has epic potential.

also, firebird with f-holes = sick.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by Comrade Curry
well to update you all, I've got the neck gluing and clamped, and I thought of a really good idea for a center hole, I thought why not put the firebird symbol? thoughts?

That would be so EPIC!
I'm really not sure that oak would be the best choice for neck wood. It is a bolt-on however so I guess if it doesn't work out to well then at least you can just stick a new neck on.

But a firebird with f-holes does sound interesting so I will definitely keep an eye on this build.
Quote by soundjam
I'm really not sure that oak would be the best choice for neck wood. It is a bolt-on however so I guess if it doesn't work out to well then at least you can just stick a new neck on.

But a firebird with f-holes does sound interesting so I will definitely keep an eye on this build.

It's hard as a rock, I don't think it would be a bad choice, remember it is scrap wood, so bear with me
Being the ultra-curious person that I am I did some research on oak and as a tonewood and it appears to be highly under appreciated. Being as beautiful a wood as it is I just may have to build a neck for myself out of it.
Quote by soundjam
Being the ultra-curious person that I am I did some research on oak and as a tonewood and it appears to be highly under appreciated. Being as beautiful a wood as it is I just may have to build a neck for myself out of it.

This oak is red oak, actually southern red oak, it has a really nice grian, i just wish my camera would work!!
Isn't the main drawback to Oak the massive weight?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Isn't the main drawback to Oak the massive weight?

That, and oak is prone to splintering when you work with it. As soundjam said, it is an overlooked guitar wood. I have a Les Paul clone that is solid red oak body with a carved maple top and a red oak neck. It sounds very warm and smooth with good sustain. Very heavy though.
this sounds awesome!!!!! i cant wait to see wat it will look like!!! is it just going to be a natural stain? or are you going to color it or wat?